join:2002-02-02
Abyss, PA

Hellrazor to Viper677

to Viper677

Re: Respect to experts

said by Viper677:

said by mattmag:

said by Viper677:

The problem here is with you not hiring the right home inspector and is not with the home inspectors in general. If you knew that much about building envelope then I would have expected you to hire a better HI.

Actually, the problem here is that you lost your credibility several days ago, and you may need to do some serious damage control to restore that, if its even possible...

Not really. I am not really worried about it. You should relax too.

I have been passively reading your posts in multiple topics the last few days and have pretty much wrote you off as an arrogant know it all. There is no easy fix for that and I will guarantee most people will start ignoring you.

Your arrogance towards some of the long term members on here, who are licensed in their trades is pathetic. I see that kind of gun ho stuff from rookie muni inspectors or cocky engineers who think they are gods gift. If you are this cocky on the job site, there is a very good chance I would boot you right off the job.

I get to play project manager at work. I am a jack of no trades that has to do everything from site work to dealing with all of the primes to dealing with the engineers. I just finished up a $4million reno project overseeing all phases of the work. When you get to the big leagues you learn the trades can be your friends on a job. Being a prick has its place at times but working with them to get things done gets you a lot farther in life.
Viper677
Certified Home Inspector
join:2012-03-22
Toronto

Viper677

If you are this cocky on the job site, there is a very good chance I would boot you right off the job.

The only problem with this scenario is that you booting me off the job comes after I decided to let you retain my services. You skipped one step. You will be surprised to find out how many inspection requests i refuse because the client think he can boss me around.

I get to play project manager at work.

The difference is that you are on a payroll and I am a business owner.

You still want to continue with me?