uniqs
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

VHO - 08 New Channel? NESN

Hey I noticed that we now have NESN in the Philadlephia market. Anyone else notice this on Channel 97?
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo

Only because you mentioned it, I don't normally go down that far.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to Acct101

to Acct101
Im in VHO7 and its listed in the schedule but I guess only ULtimateHD subscribers can view it outside of the Boston market.

BTW NESN is a great channel as it carries the Red Sox, Bruins and ACC college games.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Acct101

to Acct101
I have Ultimate in VHO7 and I can see NESN. But this is the national feed of NESN where you don't get the live games out of market. The program guide says the Red Sox game should be on but actually they are showing a repeat of a morning talk show. You need the MLB EI package to see the actual games. YES network has a national feed too.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

bohratom

said by ansky:

I have Ultimate in VHO7 and I can see NESN. But this is the national feed of NESN where you don't get the live games out of market.

So the only live sporting events the national feed offers is ACC coverage?
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by bohratom:

said by ansky:

I have Ultimate in VHO7 and I can see NESN. But this is the national feed of NESN where you don't get the live games out of market.

Correct, you should be able to see the college games live, as well as the Red Sox and Bruins pre and post game shows. But the Sox and Bruins games will always be blacked out outside of the teams' home territory.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to Acct101

Premium Member

to Acct101
So they can't give our VHO MASN2 HD or TCN HD, but they give us a national SD feed of a New England sports channel?

LOL.
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

1 edit

Acct101

Premium Member

I received a mailing from DirecTV yesterday and they have over 170 HD channels and many of them are sports channels. Man o Man.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to bohratom

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

Great another college sports network in SD only.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

The guide for 97 is incorrectly showing the local data instead of the national data.

With all the blackouts of NBA, NHL and MLB games the national versions of RSNs are pretty useless.

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

I disagree to me the national sports rsns are very important even if they dont carry the live pro sports, just being able to watch the local teams reporting the sports news about your favorite teams (celtics in my case)makes me very happy! I hate watching espn for sports news as they always seem to love the the teams i hate the most (lakers,heat). now if we could only get comcast sports new england here in southern california i wont have to go back to directv in 2 years when my contract is up. I never thought i would miss these channels when i left directv 2 years ago! come on verizon get all the national regional sports networks in HD!!!

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to Acct101

to Acct101
Good grief, lay off the magic shamrocks.

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy to Acct101

to Acct101
said by Acct101:

I received a mailing from DirecTV yesterday and they have over 170 HD channels and many of them are sports channels. Man o Man.

Yes directv has a bunch of RSNs thats what helps their HD count.

Not counting RSNs though fios has 124 HD channels while directv has 106.

KCrimson
Premium Member
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY

KCrimson to ansky

Premium Member

to ansky
If NESN is anything like the NY regional sports networks, they likely broadcast reruns of recent games during the 24 - 48 hours after the game ends. In the case of Bruins games, that will be a welcome addition to this hockey fan that doesn't subscribe to Center Ice. Between the Rangers, Islanders, Devils, NBC-Sports and NHL-Network and now NESN, that's a LOT of NHL hockey.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to Acct101

to Acct101
I don't believe they will be allowed to broadcast re-airs either, though not 100%. They could probably get away with airing old games.

KCrimson
Premium Member
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY

KCrimson

Premium Member

»www.nesn.com/nesn-nation ··· faq.html

This is the FAQ from NESN's national feed (out-of-market).

Here's the pertinent part:

Q: What programming will I receive when a live game or encore presentation is airing? A: NESN National cable subscribers are never left in the dark. We provide substitute programming in place of live games and encore Red Sox presentations. Encore Bruins presentations are not blacked out on NESN National, so fans can catch all the Bruins game replays.
RuthL
join:2012-07-06

RuthL to Acct101

to Acct101
NESN is certainly not up to the standards of YES, SNY or MSG. (NOT A SHOT AT BOSTON TEAMS)

Production values of programs and promos along with sets, lighting and graphics are all seem substandard, in comparison.
danman48
join:2007-10-11
Huntington Beach, CA

danman48 to Acct101

to Acct101
»www.nesn.com/.m/2012/07/ ··· ios.html

Just found this.