how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Acct101

join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

VHO - 08 New Channel? NESN

Hey I noticed that we now have NESN in the Philadlephia market. Anyone else notice this on Channel 97?

djoropallo

join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

Only because you mentioned it, I don't normally go down that far.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to Acct101

Im in VHO7 and its listed in the schedule but I guess only ULtimateHD subscribers can view it outside of the Boston market.

BTW NESN is a great channel as it carries the Red Sox, Bruins and ACC college games.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to Acct101

I have Ultimate in VHO7 and I can see NESN. But this is the national feed of NESN where you don't get the live games out of market. The program guide says the Red Sox game should be on but actually they are showing a repeat of a morning talk show. You need the MLB EI package to see the actual games. YES network has a national feed too.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

said by Mac973:

I have Ultimate in VHO7 and I can see NESN. But this is the national feed of NESN where you don't get the live games out of market.

So the only live sporting events the national feed offers is ACC coverage?

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

said by bohratom:

said by Mac973:

I have Ultimate in VHO7 and I can see NESN. But this is the national feed of NESN where you don't get the live games out of market.

Correct, you should be able to see the college games live, as well as the Red Sox and Bruins pre and post game shows. But the Sox and Bruins games will always be blacked out outside of the teams' home territory.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2
reply to Acct101

So they can't give our VHO MASN2 HD or TCN HD, but they give us a national SD feed of a New England sports channel?

LOL.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

Acct101

join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

1 edit

I received a mailing from DirecTV yesterday and they have over 170 HD channels and many of them are sports channels. Man o Man.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to bohratom

said by bohratom:

Great another college sports network in SD only.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

The guide for 97 is incorrectly showing the local data instead of the national data.

With all the blackouts of NBA, NHL and MLB games the national versions of RSNs are pretty useless.

celticpride

@verizon.net

I disagree to me the national sports rsns are very important even if they dont carry the live pro sports, just being able to watch the local teams reporting the sports news about your favorite teams (celtics in my case)makes me very happy! I hate watching espn for sports news as they always seem to love the the teams i hate the most (lakers,heat). now if we could only get comcast sports new england here in southern california i wont have to go back to directv in 2 years when my contract is up. I never thought i would miss these channels when i left directv 2 years ago! come on verizon get all the national regional sports networks in HD!!!

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to Acct101

Good grief, lay off the magic shamrocks.

dcowboy

join:2012-05-10
reply to Acct101

said by Acct101:

I received a mailing from DirecTV yesterday and they have over 170 HD channels and many of them are sports channels. Man o Man.

Yes directv has a bunch of RSNs thats what helps their HD count.

Not counting RSNs though fios has 124 HD channels while directv has 106.

KCrimson
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to Mac973

If NESN is anything like the NY regional sports networks, they likely broadcast reruns of recent games during the 24 - 48 hours after the game ends. In the case of Bruins games, that will be a welcome addition to this hockey fan that doesn't subscribe to Center Ice. Between the Rangers, Islanders, Devils, NBC-Sports and NHL-Network and now NESN, that's a LOT of NHL hockey.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to Acct101

I don't believe they will be allowed to broadcast re-airs either, though not 100%. They could probably get away with airing old games.

KCrimson
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

»www.nesn.com/nesn-national-faq.html

This is the FAQ from NESN's national feed (out-of-market).

Here's the pertinent part:

Q: What programming will I receive when a live game or encore presentation is airing? A: NESN National cable subscribers are never left in the dark. We provide substitute programming in place of live games and encore Red Sox presentations. Encore Bruins presentations are not blacked out on NESN National, so fans can catch all the Bruins game replays.

RuthL

join:2012-07-06
reply to Acct101

NESN is certainly not up to the standards of YES, SNY or MSG. (NOT A SHOT AT BOSTON TEAMS)

Production values of programs and promos along with sets, lighting and graphics are all seem substandard, in comparison.

danman48

join:2007-10-11
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to Acct101

»www.nesn.com/.m/2012/07/nesn-nat···ios.html

Just found this.