rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2

Re: [MLB] Jamie Moyer

Actually his average fastball is 80 mph.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

LOL, Blue Jays sign Jamie Moyer to a minor league contract...

He never gives up eh?

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

LOL, Blue Jays sign Jamie Moyer to a minor league contract...

He never gives up eh?

If he can give the Jays 4 or 5 quality starts out of 7 then I'll be happy. Not expecting much more than that. That would take us to the beginning of August and hopefully Morrow will be back (most likely), and perhaps the Hutch will be tossing again.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

How many starters do you guys have on the DL?

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57 to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
said by rody_44:

Actually his average fastball is 80 mph.

Local park batting cage machines throw faster than that. Most big league pitchers throw change-ups faster than that. Old timer Rip Sewell's blooper pitch came in faster than that.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
said by WK2:

Right now 3, but could be 4 depending on what happens to Alvarez after he left last night pointing to the inside of his elbow... Two are Tommy John candidates (Drabek & Hutchinson) and Brandon Morrow has a oblique muscle strain which does take a while to heal...

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

said by WK2:

Right now 3, but could be 4 depending on what happens to Alvarez after he left last night pointing to the inside of his elbow... Two are Tommy John candidates (Drabek & Hutchinson) and Brandon Morrow has a oblique muscle strain which does take a while to heal...

Kyle Drabek had his TJ already, his second. Most likely the Hutch won't need TJ...
Word is Henderson shouldn't miss a start...

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

If all goes well, I think your Jays will have Moyer starting soon

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

I hope not. I think he'll simply pitch in their minor league team, as they've called up a few pitchers from there so their roster is thin...

It's one thing to be a reliever, pitch 1 inning and you're done, but a 49 year old starter? I dont think so...

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
said by WK2:

If all goes well, I think your Jays will have Moyer starting soon

I wonder if there will be a lot of fan appeal. Anyway, Jays need him to give a few quality starts until the Brandon is back. If Henderson is okay and Brett Cecil continues to get lucky, then it might turn out okay. We're thinking on pitching, ain't no one going to help this team out. Boston is in rough shape too.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

If the offense keeps going like they have been they should be ok with the starter giving up 4-5 runs in 6 innings...

But you never know about that...

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
Moyer is still recovering from Tommy John, I dont see him being 100% until July/August
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to AB57

Premium Member

to AB57
But he has won with that speed. He only had like a 87 mile a hour fastball in his prime. He really doesnt throw his fastball much. Somehow and i cant understand how he has been able to win throwing slow. Its just his style. His style and record just contradicts everything all of us know about baseball. I was saying he was done back in 2008 and yet he continues to go and continues to win.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

said by rody_44:

But he has won with that speed. He only had like a 87 mile a hour fastball in his prime. He really doesnt throw his fastball much. Somehow and i cant understand how he has been able to win throwing slow.

Its all about location!

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

If the offense keeps going like they have been they should be ok with the starter giving up 4-5 runs in 6 innings...

But you never know about that...

Now I wonder if the Jays could do a 4 man rotation, and have Carlos and maybe Jamie doing long relief. Jamie when the Jays are up or down by 8 runs, Carlos when it's close.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

The Rockies are doing that now

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by WK2:

The Rockies are doing that now

Doesn't say too much when you consider they are the ones that released Jamie....oh well. We'll see what happens.