spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Hazy Arc
join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc

Centurylink and ESPN3

Congratulations Centurylink! With your recent acquisition of Qwest, you are officially the largest US ISP that doesn't provide access to ESPN3 for your customers.

It doesn't appear like that will change anytime soon - all inquiries on Centurylink's Facebook page are met with the "We are in negotiations with ESPN but haven't reached an agreement" dog and pony show.

I get it - not everyone is a sports fan and would benefit from having access. But when EVERY OTHER MAJOR ISP provides access, you're doing something wrong.

pdx209
@qwest.net

pdx209

Anon

I think you should be complaining to ESPN for extorting ISPs for money to allow content.

The whole ESPN3 thing is an ominous sign of what's the internet could become if any meaningful net neutrality regulations don't come into play.

Hazy Arc
join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc

I totally agree with you. Look, I'm not giving ESPN a free pass either - and I certainly don't agree with their shady business practice. That being said, what other choice do we have? ESPN often has exclusivity rights to many of the sporting events I enjoy watching.

I may regret saying this, but I'd be willing to pay a few bucks extra for access - I'm not sure why ESPN (or Centurylink) doesn't allow that.
DrD
join:2008-03-03
Harrisonville, MO

DrD

Because ESPN doesn't want a few bucks from you. They want quite a few more from the ISP.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby to Hazy Arc

to Hazy Arc
said by Hazy Arc:

I totally agree with you. Look, I'm not giving ESPN a free pass either - and I certainly don't agree with their shady business practice. That being said, what other choice do we have? ESPN often has exclusivity rights to many of the sporting events I enjoy watching.

I may regret saying this, but I'd be willing to pay a few bucks extra for access - I'm not sure why ESPN (or Centurylink) doesn't allow that.

I'm glad we don't get ESPN3 online.

The reason we don't have cable/satellite is to stop being forced to pay for channels we don't ever watch.

codyyy
@embarqhsd.net

codyyy to Hazy Arc

Anon

to Hazy Arc
if enough people demand espn3 for centurylink they will get it. u haft to go to »espn.go.com/espn3/channelFinder and enter your email