how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

whattacrock

@qwest.net
reply to pnh102

Re: Wow...

"...destroying enormous value for the highly diverse U.S. population and especially the smallest minority groups"

That is a joke -- the networks that people do not choose, will simply have to go away and make another way to get to the masses. For example, Reading Rainbow was erased by budget cuts to PBS, but they have remade themselves with an iPad app.

The customer doesn't need to be paying for networks that they aren't watching. The way I see it, is that most of the content these days on your 500 channels is re-runs or reality, which you can only watch so many times. These new networks and shows that are funded, are usually pretty crappy, and I don't want to pay for them anymore, which is one reason I dropped cable 10 years ago or so.

It's almost like tv networks are ran by politicians, with the attitude to bail out or keep producing crap content that the majority of folks don't really want to keep seeing. When TV finally goes ala carte, then all the non-essential networks will fall away and become streaming sites or Youtube channels...where they belong anyways.