Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms

1 edit

[Homephone] Bell-Leave me alone

Stop phoning me. I am not interested in switching back to your overpriced telephone, nor your underwhelming internet offers.
Last time we spoke I told you to call back when you could compete with voip.ms' prices, yet, you still call. Perhaps you think I've suffered a stroke, lost my memory, and am now willing to throw my cash at you, but alas, I still have my wits about me.
As well, no, I'm not interested in 30Mb/2Mb 75G capped internet.
To clarify one more time, call me when you offer FTTH, or you can compete with voip.ms' prices, until then leave me alone, because it's very easy to block, or redirect calls through voip.ms' portal.
--
~ Project Hope ~

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

Re: [Homephone] Bell-Leve me alone

Ah, there's your problem... you said they could call back.

"Place me on your company's do-not-call list" actually works reasonably well with Bell.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by bt:

"Place me on your company's do-not-call list" actually works reasonably well with Bell.

There's a qualifier that goes with their ability to call me back.
But since they do not listen to their actual customers on an ongoing basis, how can I expect them to listen to people they cold call?
Last week they called me, I wasted the callers' time, kept them on the phone for 1/2 hr, asking them questions I knew the answer to, but the salesperson did not, with no sale at the end. I will continue to do this, until I get irritated and block them outright.
--
~ Project Hope ~

bt

canada

said by EUS:

said by bt:

Yes, a qualifier that carries absolutely no weight to them. And the system the person on the other end of the phone is using likely has no ability to apply that qualifier, either. What do you expect that person to do, really?

It's all or nothing. If you want the calls to stop, tell them to put you on their do-not-call list.

Marbles_00

join:2005-02-14
Hamilton, ON

1 recommendation

reply to EUS

Panasonic has a great feature in their phones called "Call Block" (most likely other phone systems have this as well but could be called different names). Once an unwanted caller calls, you can save the number in the block list. From that point on, if an unwanted call comes in, it rings once, then the display just shows "Call Block".

Great feature...which sold me on the phone. I'm not registered on the do not call list currently (haven't done the 6 month renewal since getting the phone system about a year ago), and my footprint of unwanted calls is getting less and less.

Only issue is I don't know how it acts with "private numbers"...it's picked up all the illicit numbers so far, and been blocking them too.

I've been wanting to use this on the mother-in-law, but I'm not allowed

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to bt

said by bt:

said by EUS:

said by bt:

Yes, a qualifier that carries absolutely no weight to them.

I expect nothing from bell, nor its employees. The sentence I wrote after what you quoted from me should have made that clear. Here's what you should have quoted from me:

"There's a qualifier that goes with their ability to call me back.
But since they do not listen to their actual customers on an ongoing basis, how can I expect them to listen to people they cold call?"
--
~ Project Hope ~

bt

canada

1 edit

Except they do usually listen - if you tell them to put you on their do not call list.

If you actually want them to stop calling you, I've told you how. If you choose to not do that, then expect more calls.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to EUS

Re: [Homephone] Bell-Leave me alone

If you leave the door open even by a tiny crack, they'll call. They have no way of putting in their database the parameters of when they can or can't call you - just IF they can or can't call you. Its a boolean yes/no type flag - not a "if price threshold then call = yes" type of thing.

Just tell them to put you on their do not call list, and all will be good.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

Expand your moderator at work

Bell Darryl

join:2010-02-15
Ottawa, ON
kudos:63

1 recommendation

reply to HeadSpinning

Re: [Homephone] Bell-Leave me alone

If you would like to be added to the Bell Do Not Call List... please post in the direct forums and I will be happy to add the number for you.

CypherX

join:2012-05-15
reply to EUS

Certain voip services have options to redirect calls from certain numbers to the disconnect tone, voicemail, etc.

That would work pretty well.

join:2012-06-18
Kitchener, ON
reply to Bell Darryl

I have a much better idea
Create a notarized fee schedule and send it to attorney general.

Example:
If your system should infringe on my inalienable rights or wish to contract with me here is my fee schedule:
$10,000 per hour,
$100,000 per incident,
$1,000,000 per injury .. any injury ... even a scratch,
$500,000,000 in case of death ... incidental or otherwise,
free of any duty or levy.

Warn Bell or any spammer once and bill them accordingly second or subsequent times.
Use commercial lien to collect.

Did this to cops about 20 yrs ago and Bell 5+ yrs ago. It spread like wildfire through business community. Haven't received a call from any spammer or agent again.

Note: this works only while you are on your private time and private affairs ... not while on your job, registered business, employment or any government or related functions.