Cisco 877W Keeps Deauthenticating Devices
Ive done lots of research online, but cant seem to get to any fixes to work.. I basically keep dropping certain devices on my 877W. I get the below error:
Jun 26 23:19:09.311: %DOT11-6-DISASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station 3cd0.f8ab.0aa5 Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid SSID[Hourani]
Jun 26 23:19:09.639: %DOT11-6-ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, Station 3cd0.f8ab.0aa5 Associated SSID[Hourani] AUTH_TYPE[OPEN] KEY_MGMT[WPA PSK]
I tried many things, including loading multiple images and adding certain parts to my SSID and Dot11Radio0 interface, all to no avail...
I also noticed that seems to be happening to iPhone only.. All other users (Win7 and Android) are fine..
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
dot11 ssid Hourani
authentication key-management wpa
wpa-psk ascii 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
no ip address
no dot11 extension aironet
encryption vlan 1 mode ciphers tkip
broadcast-key change 3600
speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0
packet retries 128
world-mode dot11d country US both
encapsulation dot1Q 1 native
no cdp enable
bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
no bridge-group 1 source-learning
no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
EDIT: I just noticed that the intervals between the DEAUTH/REAUTH is 1minute and 5 seconds, aka 65 seconds... Leads me to believe that the "broadcast-key change 3600" command isnt working..
Have you tried turning on dot11 debugging?
The log message sounds like the end host (in)voluntarily left the AP. The fact that it only happens
to the iphone and no other wireless devices makes me think it's an issue with the iphone rather
than your 877W.
Interesting.. I dont see why it keeps dropping iPhones though.. Could happen halfway through a browsing session. It doesnt happen when the iPhone are connected to the old router (linksys adsl router).
|reply to tamz273 |
Don't have any specific reasons, like I said, you may want to turn on debugging and see what's going on.
Don't see anything with your config that stands out a weird and whacky.
I would do a site survery with inSSIDer an see what other wireless networks say in the area. Rule out interference with thick walls, 2.4ghz phones, microwaves etc.
After that try using command - channel least-congested
under your Dot11Radio0 interface.
|reply to tamz273 |
You seem to have an iPhone client problem. There is nothing wrong with the broadcast-key command, otherwise ALL other clients would drop off as well. Similarly, you do not have channel congestion, otherwise other clients would exhibit similar symptoms.
As suggested previously you will have to collect debugs to see why iPhone clients are dropping off. You can start off with the following debugs to troubleshoot the issue
debug dot11 events
debug dot11 packet
debug dot11 aaa authenticator process
debug dot11 aaa authenticator state-machine