uniqs

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

[request] Ignore a Forum Thread?

So I have a list of favorite forums and when I click on my "fav forum" icon I get a list of the 8 most recently active threads in each forum. In a couple of forums there are threads which I don't want to see in this list. Could we have an "Ignore Thread" selection so that the ignored thread will never show up in the fav forum list?

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

1 recommendation

state

Mod

Re: Ignore a Forum Thread?

Are you "auto topic tracking" in those forums? If that's what you're referring to, there should be a Following (Stop) link at the bottom left of the discussion that essentially does that.

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

1 recommendation

fourboxers to Oregonian

Mod

to Oregonian
The only way to ignore a thread is to ignore the thread starter, that will get it off your favourites but also remove any of their other posts.

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

Thanks for the responses.

Actually, what I am asking for was already covered here:

»[request] 'Mute' a thread....

So, I guess it ain't gonna happen! No big deal just thought it would be nice.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion to fourboxers

MVM

to fourboxers
said by fourboxers:

The only way to ignore a thread is to ignore the thread starter, that will get it off your favourites but also remove any of their other posts.

Hopefully not to change the topic too much.. however ignoring the thread starter doesn't work well...just tested it. It STILL shows up in »/postlist as a new thread and you still need to click stop. If you actually click on the new thread you will admittedly see a blank at that time on the person who started the thread which just causes a little confusion from then on related to "what were they talking about"