join:2007-09-27
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Rogers Hi-Speed

Looking for a solid web hosting company

Hi All,

We are in the market for a new web hosting provider. Currently we use easyhosting and they are bunches of fail.
I would like some recommendations from your experience.

A Canadian company is preferable.

Thanks everyone.

Suggesting1

@teksavvy.com

Iweb is quite good. Based in Montreal with ultra fast network and connectivity. Multiple datacenters.

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
reply to dgass

You should search through this forum for the answers to this question asked thousands of times. You'll find answers all over the place.

toomanyhosts

@teksavvy.com
reply to Suggesting1

What would help would be a little bit more of a definition of what you host, amount of traffic, etc.

I had a bunch of servers with iWeb8 in Montreal and I left very disappointed with their services. They had no idea what to do with a DDoS attack besides deal with it. No null routing of IP's no anything. When we were opening tickets with them they were going to add this functionality later.

Admittedly this was in around 2008? So perhaps things have improved in the last four years. I don't know.

If you're looking for a location to co-locate servers I've never had any issues with 151 Front Street, however they can be a bit pricey.

The only other Canadian company I can recommend does Managed hosting / CDN and video solutions so again I don't know if they fall under what you're looking for but scaleengine.com

Other than that the best datacenter I've been with has been SoftLayer in the states. They've been great with hardware issues, and software ones. Really can't recommend them enough.

dgass

join:2007-09-27
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:1
reply to dgass

Thanks all

bretjohnson

join:2012-08-23
reply to dgass

I have been working DSM computing systems Inc, a web hosting service center in Toronto and they are better. Their hosting system has a better flexibility as well as better functionality and the speed for the application is much faster. I would suggest this company if you are resident in Ontario.For details please check out »www.dsm-corp.com/

Expand your moderator at work

BenKutz81

join:2012-10-04

1 edit
reply to bretjohnson

Re: Looking for a solid web hosting company

I have been using »www.nearlyfreespeech.net with really good luck, the cool thing about them is they are pay as you go and you only pay what you use. for 25 cents you can start a site and test it out.

xinghua

join:2012-10-12
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to dgass

You can host with any good web-hosting company,
but make sure that that company will be provide you the best service and support and server up-time.

xinghua

join:2012-10-12
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to dgass

We need to choose the hosting company who will provide a best service and support.
and server should be 99.9% uptime.
since we are making business on website it must be get fixed the server issues in mean time
so support should be 24*7,
and choose the hosting as per your requirements not cheap and undurable webhosting companys,

Defiance82
Computer Elite
Premium
join:2002-09-11
Burlington, WI
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to dgass

There are many hosts out there. You just need to take some time and do some research and read reviews or check website uptimes if they have them listed. Smaller companies will provide you with better support than larger companies but you might be waiting sometimes depending on their support staff. Although the smaller companies make up for it in their quality of services.
--
Affordable Web-Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Ventrilo, & Teamspeak services since 1999 @ »www.deadlyservers.com

Expand your moderator at work