uniqs
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood to Zoder

to Zoder

Re: [Rant] United Healthcare

said by Zoder:

I know. But in this case it's UHC's universal 2012 formulary for all plans not employer specific. I did some checking after the post and last year it was a tier one with UHC.

Btw, what happens when employers switch providers mid-year? Do all the employees lose the deductable they've already paid towards for the year and have to start over? If that's so, that really sucks. I haven't needed to use mine so I don't know.

Yes, you lose the deductible you paid. The deductible is not a year thing. It is a CALENDAR year. For instance, our healthcare is renewed May 1st. So from May 1st to December 31st of the same year is our deductible. January 1st starts a new deductible. We have Blue Shield, which isn't bad, except when you have a $3k per person deductible for the hospital.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL

Premium Member

said by billydunwood:

The deductible is not a year thing. It is a CALENDAR year. For instance, our healthcare is renewed May 1st. So from May 1st to December 31st of the same year is our deductible. January 1st starts a new deductible.

It depends on the provider. Mine uses a Plan Year of March 1 for deductible reset, even though the renewal is January 1.