All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
nephipower
join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

nephipower to rsdmems

to rsdmems

Re: [TWC] Does anyone else have an Arris DG860a modem?

Wow that is pretty bad, i'm sorry to hear that. I have the 30/5 service and it works fantastic for me.

I don't have this modem, I have the Motorola SB6141 now and it works very well.

Have you tried just restarting the modem to see if it works any better?

Also could you post the status for your connection from the modem?
Downstream & upstream power level, SNR for each channel.
rsdmems
join:2012-06-24
New York, NY

rsdmems

Thanks. As we haven't moved in yet, I'll try this the next time I'm over there, later this week.
nephipower
join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

nephipower

said by rsdmems:

Thanks. As we haven't moved in yet, I'll try this the next time I'm over there, later this week.

Also make sure to post your stats for your connection.
rsdmems
join:2012-06-24
New York, NY

rsdmems

Okay, sorry for the long delay but we finally moved in. The best speed I've been able to obtain is 17,000 to 19,000 down (vs. 30,000 promised), while the uploads are consistently as promised in the high 4000s. Here's a link to my most recent decent test;

However, I'd say that 90% of the time the test just freezes in the middle of a download, so most of them come back with super-slow indicated download speeds (with consistently good upload speeds). I don't know if that accurately reflects my "real world" performance or if it's a quirk of the test, as I haven't noticed such "freezes" in my time so far on line (streaming a lot of financial data in concurrently running programs, although not really streaming much video yet).

This week TWC is supposed to come back and swap out the router for the same brand as the one I have now, but with the telephone modem built in-- according to the installation tech, it's called the "wideband with phone" model.
rsdmems

rsdmems

Well, this is bizarre. The WiFi on this modem literally died on me this afternoon. It's not viewable among the networks within range and the WiFi light on the modem is off. So I jacked myself into the #1 Ethernet port and-- hardwired in-- am getting blazing speeds. Thus, I think maybe the WiFi part of the modem is what was giving me the lousy speeds (before it died completely):

My advice: avoid this modem!

lpelvis
@rr.com

lpelvis

Anon

my wifi just died too, light is out. sux i was playing xbox and it just dropped.