All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
SLAMtech
join:2009-12-03

SLAMtech

Fibe TV available in 519 in most areas over FTTH

Just a heads up for all those lucky bastads who can get Fibre-to-the-home in the 519 area code, the equipment has been installed and video over fibre is operational (fibe TV). Its available in most locations, but not all.

Maybe this will decrease the amount of homephone only installs over ftth because the cst doesn't want a satellite dish and rather bundle the other two services with someone else.

Once again this is for FTTH only!!

curious
@bell.ca

curious

Anon

Where, per se, are these "lucky bastards"?
I was unaware that any FTTH existed outside the centre of the universe of Toronto.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to SLAMtech

to SLAMtech
said by SLAMtech:

Just a heads up for all those lucky bastads who can get Fibre-to-the-home in the 519 area code, the equipment has been installed and video over fibre is operational (fibe TV). Its available in most locations, but not all.

Maybe this will decrease the amount of homephone only installs over ftth because the cst doesn't want a satellite dish and rather bundle the other two services with someone else.

Once again this is for FTTH only!!

Oh? Since when? 519 is a large area code in terms of geography.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to curious

to curious
said by curious :

I was unaware that any FTTH existed outside the centre of the universe of Toronto.

Most of the FTTH deployment is outside of Toronto. It started in the Atlantic provinces via Bell Alliant, and Quebec City after that. Anywhere else, I've only heard of it going into new developments.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

Oh? Since when? 519 is a large area code in terms of geography.

Indeed. Out of the over 36,000 sq. km area which covers the 519 area code zone I have a suspicion that the areas of FTTHome installations could be marked with a single push pin.

havenots
@bell.ca

havenots

Anon

said by Thane_Bitter:

Indeed. Out of the over 36,000 sq. km area which covers the 519 area code zone I have a suspicion that the areas of FTTHome installations could be marked with a single push pin.

Let me guess -- some elites in London are arbitrarily the lucky ones, much like they were during the TotalVision service trials in the mid/late '90s, or some folks in Bell's beloved Belleville get new services years in advance of the rest of province, as has historically been the case??

cpsycho
join:2008-06-03
Treadeu Land

cpsycho to SLAMtech

to SLAMtech
Bell started putting fibre boxes in orangeville. So I really cant say whats up. I have noticed 6 of them coming up my way from the CO. I even asked one of the guys installing, "it is a fiber box", most likely a junction box of some sort.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to havenots

Premium Member

to havenots
said by havenots :

Let me guess -- some elites in London are arbitrarily the lucky ones, much like they were during the TotalVision service trials in the mid/late '90s, or some folks in Bell's beloved Belleville get new services years in advance of the rest of province, as has historically been the case??

BUZZZ!
Incorrect and you have forfeited your next turn.

"I know I will put London, Ont., on the backburner,...London will wait longer for those services.” - George Cope, CEO BCE Inc.
»www.itworldcanada.com/ne ··· c/140783

However, the sparkling metropolis of Sudbury Ontario is seeing a fibre deployment via Bell Aliant; if you need to 'vent', they have a very large smoke stack you can use.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to SLAMtech

Premium Member

to SLAMtech
In Kitchener here and using my postal code I still only see 25/10 service available.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

said by havenots :

BUZZZ!
Incorrect and you have forfeited your next turn.

"I know I will put London, Ont., on the backburner,...London will wait longer for those services.” - George Cope, CEO BCE Inc.
»www.itworldcanada.com/ne ··· c/140783

However, the sparkling metropolis of Sudbury Ontario is seeing a fibre deployment via Bell Aliant; if you need to 'vent', they have a very large smoke stack you can use.

...at first I thought when our service area was split/sold off to Aliant I was thinking we are going to get the crap end of the stick, but now I can't wait....I've been seeing a lot of markings around lately around their equipment, locates and stuff on buried cables and markings for what I want to say are fibre boxes, I'll take some pics of what I'm seeing, I'm pretty sure its part of the rollout, so I feel like its real and not just some sort of fantasy for 1% of the city to get....its exciting for sure....sorry London....you're just too big .

kwc
@bell.ca

kwc to creed3020

Anon

to creed3020
said by creed3020:

In Kitchener here and using my postal code I still only see 25/10 service available.

Well there's lots of us in Kitchener who "still only" see the bare minimum 5/1 service available, so consider yourself lucky. Despite a concerted effort to upgrade dozens of JWI/OPI cabinets by Aecon last year, the one in my neighbourhood has yet to be lit up with fibre/DSLAM, so I'm still CO served; thanks for teasing us, Bell!

If you have 25/10 service available, does the Fibe TV availability/qualification check say you can get the TV service?
Expand your moderator at work

xsbell
join:2008-12-22
Canada

1 edit

xsbell to kwc

to kwc

Re: Fibe TV available in 519 in most areas over FTTH

said by kwc :

If you have 25/10 service available, does the Fibe TV availability/qualification check say you can get the TV service?

No, and I know for a fact that FibeTV is available at the remote I'm being served from. (I talked to the Bell techs that set it up)

It also took over five months for Bell's qualification database to be updated since the new remote was installed. Only up until about three weeks ago did it finally say that I qualify for 25/10, and I've already had a port on that DSLAM for four months!

This is Guelph btw.

I've also been told that all the new subdivisions being built around here are getting FTTH.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to kwc

Premium Member

to kwc
said by kwc :

said by creed3020:

Well there's lots of us in Kitchener who "still only" see the bare minimum 5/1 service available, so consider yourself lucky. Despite a concerted effort to upgrade dozens of JWI/OPI cabinets by Aecon last year, the one in my neighbourhood has yet to be lit up with fibre/DSLAM, so I'm still CO served; thanks for teasing us, Bell!

"Bell Fibe TV is not available in your neighbourhood at this time."

When I used their availability checker. I'd probably be better off calling in to get confirmation officially.
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k to SLAMtech

to SLAMtech
St. Thomas has a fiber neighborhood that is now rolling out fibetv.

Also I heard a few guys have gone to Brantford for ftth and fibetv installs. 519 just got opened up early last week.