Search similar:

uniqs

shaw user
@shawcable.net

shaw user

Anon

Shaw EXO WiFi location

hi

just wondering what the process is for a business (chain) to become a Shaw EXO WiFi location.
i have tried searching the shaw website, but have been unable to find any information.

does the business have to be a current Shaw customer?
is there any additional cost to the business?

thanks!

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76

said by shaw user :

hi

just wondering what the process is for a business (chain) to become a Shaw EXO WiFi location.
i have tried searching the shaw website, but have been unable to find any information.

does the business have to be a current Shaw customer?
is there any additional cost to the business?

thanks!

Yes I am curious, I would like to convince the company I work for to put in Shaw WIFI HOTSPOTS.
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde to shaw user

to shaw user
Goto »www.facebook.com/shaw/ap ··· 94097993

From there you can click "suggest location".
ErikRP
join:2004-11-06
Winnipeg, MB

ErikRP

Not that your suggestion won't eventually work, but there must be a more formal process than going onto Facebook, especially if it's a business owner who is inquiring.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds to pkarlos_76

Premium Member

to pkarlos_76
I am curious, for what purpose?

Only Shaw customers, with a shaw.ca email address can use them.

They may be better off with the spending the $10/month for the extra modem in WiFi/gateway mode, then all customers could use it.

Change the password every s often, and post somewhere for clients to see.

-Posted from my phone.

shaw user
@shawcable.net

shaw user to ravenchilde

Anon

to ravenchilde
said by ravenchilde:

Goto »www.facebook.com/shaw/ap ··· 94097993

From there you can click "suggest location".

thanks for the link, i was actually looking for a more information about the program.
if i think it seems worthwhile i would submit the request to my employer, so not a consumer request.
shaw user

shaw user to pkarlos_76

Anon

to pkarlos_76
said by pkarlos_76:

Yes I am curious, I would like to convince the company I work for to put in Shaw WIFI HOTSPOTS.

exactly why i am inquiring.
the company has 100+ locations in bc and alberta, a perfect fit for Shaw's "coverage area".

Shawsub
@shawcable.net

Shawsub to shaw user

Anon

to shaw user
There is a way. When you call into the call center, the csr's and tsr's now have a form that can be filled out that sends requests off to the regional wifi teams teams that work with companies to install hotspots.

Hit them up.
Or use the shaw chat which again they should be able to forward the inquiry.

shaw user
@shawcable.net

shaw user

Anon

said by Shawsub :

There is a way. When you call into the call center, the csr's and tsr's now have a form that can be filled out that sends requests off to the regional wifi teams teams that work with companies to install hotspots.

Hit them up.
Or use the shaw chat which again they should be able to forward the inquiry.

thanks for the information.
is a request done this way processed any different than if it was made through the website or facebook page?

Shawsub
@shawcable.net

Shawsub

Anon

Not sure, but i would think you would want the information being provided to shaw to be private rather than making a post on facebook.

You could also pm shawsean and he might be able to forward the request.

I agree with you, there should be a link on the shaw website that allows a business to submit an request on their own.
stolen
join:2004-04-12
Calgary, AB

stolen

»shaw.ca/wifi/
right below the map there's an email link.
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde

said by stolen:

»shaw.ca/wifi/
right below the map there's an email link.

That's the same thing I linked off facebook. Folks don't seem to want to 'suggest' a location.
stolen
join:2004-04-12
Calgary, AB

stolen

said by ravenchilde:

That's the same thing I linked off facebook. Folks don't seem to want to 'suggest' a location.

Not quite.
People were complaining about using facebook to submit, and this doesn't use facebook at all, but rather your own email client.

However, I agree that it likely ends up at the same place.

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Hey guys,

stolen is right, whether you use Facebook or email (via website) to submit your request, it'll end up in the same place.

Nice thing about the Facebook page is the fancy form fields and submit button .

Cheers.

shaw user
@shawcable.net

shaw user

Anon

thanks for the response ShawSean.
could you point me in the direction for additional information for businesses interested in becoming a Exo WiFi location?

this would not be a consumer request.

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@shaw user - the form is also for businesses wanting to become Shaw Exo Wifi locations.

Cheers.