All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mark40511
join:2004-10-12
Lexington, KY

mark40511

Belkin F5D8236-4v1(01) Three yrs old - No new firmware?

Question:

I keep reading on forums that it's important to update your routers firmware. Could it be possible that there is no new firmware after three years? If I go to the Belkin Website the firmware is the same version as what was factory installed on my router which is Firmware Version 1.00.02 (Jul 31 2008 22:32:30) which is almost 4 years old. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something and there is in fact a new update?

FallenAnjel
join:2011-04-07
East Cupcake

FallenAnjel

I'm here for almost the same reason. I have two Belkin F5D7234-4 v3 about 4 yrs old or so and they just stopped accessing the internet within a few days of each other. I can see the router fine via 192,168,2,1 but can't get thru the router to the modem. Modem is fine since I connected directly to it.

I"m going to try to update the firmware anyway and see what happens. Hope I don't ruin anything, lol

mark40511
join:2004-10-12
Lexington, KY

mark40511

I actually called them to confirm and there is NO new firmware since 2008 for that model..........Hard to believe but it's true.

I actually got a new Router from another provider since mine was going on 4 years (or close to it) old.

It was a decent router the time I had it, but it did require reboots about once every week or so.

I went with another brand and a more expensive one this go round. It's really hard to tell if a router is actually "going bad" or just wrong settings or interference etc..