Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Wily_One

Re: [Sci-Fi] Season 7 Doctor Who news

BTW, I just checked and confirmed that souffle girl is (going to be) the next companion, as previously reported. Two comments on that:

1) How are they going to work that out based on what just happened in Asylum?

2) She's a lot cuter on screen than the stills I saw of her. Me likey.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to darcilicious
I didn't like it much. Too many plot holes. Just a few:

1. If the force field is impenetrable, how did the starliner crash there?

2. And how did the Doctor, et al, get through?

3. And why would the Daleks worry about someone playing Carmen behind a force field?

4. But wasn't that in Oswin's own mind and not real?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Wily_One
said by Wily_One:

BTW, I just checked and confirmed that souffle girl is (going to be) the next companion, as previously reported.

spoiler tags please -- I avoid reading Doctor Who news about these sorts of things and didn't know this until you posted it...
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
Sorry, it was posted back in April:
»[Sci-Fi] the Doctor's new companion?

said by darcilicious:

I avoid reading Doctor Who news...

And yet you're reading the thread titled "Season 7 Doctor Who news".

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Hrmm... maybe we should have one just to discuss the show after?
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to Wily_One
quote:

Time Lord. It appears Dr. Who isn't to worried about paradoxes, so he may "rescue" her before the Asylum. Ans instead what occurred at the Asylum involved a doppelgänger. Or they'll just recast her as a new character and just hope the fans over look it.

I would still like to see the Dr's clone make an appearance.

Also, what happened to Amy/Rories baby? Or were they made to forget they are the parents of River? In Asylum, Amy is "informing us/Rory [you'd think he'd already know] about her inability to get pregnant. Which gave me a "WTF, aren't they the parents of River?"

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by Snakeoil:

Or they'll just recast her as a new character and just hope the fans over look it.

They did that with Freema Agyeman, who played two characters.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Doctor Who reference in the last frame of this comic:
»s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/i···46516220

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to lotusracer
This has been "bugging me since after the Olympics. They had James Bond at the opening ceremonies and referred to a lot of British music/pop culture. But I don't think they ever showed the Tardis, or made mention of Dr Who.

I think Dr. Who has just as large fan base, if not bigger, then Bond. Plus, like Bond he has been around for 50 years.
Hence why I am puzzled as to why they "over looked" the Dr, who has saved Britain a bunch of times in it's shows.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
said by Snakeoil:

This has been "bugging me since after the Olympics. They had James Bond at the opening ceremonies and referred to a lot of British music/pop culture. But I don't think they ever showed the Tardis, or made mention of Dr Who.

Makes for an interesting read: »screenrant.com/doctor-who-olympi···2-video/
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
Thank you. At least it wasn't edited out by NBC. A bummer that it was cut, maybe if they had donated some extra money? But it's a non-issue now.

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10

1 edit
reply to Bob4
said by Bob4:

2. And how did the Doctor, et al, get through?

The force field is not impenetrable. It is fully automated and can distinguish between weapons and things that are not threatening. Obviously the Daleks have a method of sending insane Daleks to the Asylum which appears to be by teleportation.

said by Bob4:

3. And why would the Daleks worry about someone playing Carmen behind a force field?

The Dalek, Oswin, might have been broadcasting it on the Dalek psychic channel (telepathic web or path web) making it difficult to ignore. Oswin used it to delete the memory of the Doctor from all Daleks. The Doctor said Oswin is a human fully converted to a Dalek as opposed to the human conversions. The insane Daleks connecting a human mind to the Dalek path web caused problems for the "normal" Daleks.

said by Bob4:

4. But wasn't that in Oswin's own mind and not real?

Oswin is connected to Dalek hardware and can transmit information from his mind. Insane Oswin was jamming the Dalek path web.

said by Wily_One:

... souffle girl...

Doctor Who has a long history of using the same actor in different roles. They just do it and make no explanation in the plot.

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10
reply to Bob4
said by Bob4:

A better explanation: The insane Daleks had a plan. They lowered the force field to allow the starliner to crash so they could capture one of the survivors and fully convert him into a Dalek. The purpose of the Dalek with a human mind, Oswin, is to attack the Daleks who had imprisoned them in the Asylum. That explains why the "normal" Daleks asked the Doctor to save them.