Premium
join:2002-03-23
North York, ON

1 edit
reply to avernar

Re: Rogers Ultimate HU Speed Upload Update

said by avernar:

said by dnglbr:

Called in to get the new upload speeds for my Extreme service. Took a little while to find the product code in the database, but got it done.

What did you have to ask for? Any details to make it less painful for the rest of us?

I lost cable service between 2am-4am last night. This morning my modem has the US light blue instead of green which means it's upstream bonding. I'm still getting 2Mb/s upstream however.

I actually got transferred to sales by accident. The rep noticed right away that the account is showing "upstream upgrade available". She did not know how to do the upgrade and tried talking to tech support who were completely clueless, came back to me and said tough luck. I saw somewhere around here that it's just a different product code that needs to be put on, with "+ HU" at the end of it, so I asked her to go through her product database looking for HU. Took a little bit of looking but she found it and switched me over very easily.

I wouldn't waste my time with level 1 tech support if I were you, go straight to sales or even customer relations, who actually get proper training.

nhs ice

join:2006-08-16
Toronto, ON
This upload thing is getting on my nerve. We can barely browse the internet when my wife is uploading stuff to her co-worker and this is ultimate connection. I will dump rogers and switch to bell if they had upgrade my are and this is in the heart of downtown.

joffice

@bell.ca
wait, wait, wait.....Rogers updated the upload for Ultimate? So its supposed to go up to 10mbit?

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to dnglbr
It's astounding how difficult reps find this as the HU codes are literally right under the regular ones.

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to joffice
said by joffice :

wait, wait, wait.....Rogers updated the upload for Ultimate? So its supposed to go up to 10mbit?

Yes they did, but only in select areas at this time.