DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to SLAMtech

to SLAMtech

Re: Fibe TV available in 519 in most areas over FTTH

said by SLAMtech:

Just a heads up for all those lucky bastads who can get Fibre-to-the-home in the 519 area code, the equipment has been installed and video over fibre is operational (fibe TV). Its available in most locations, but not all.

Maybe this will decrease the amount of homephone only installs over ftth because the cst doesn't want a satellite dish and rather bundle the other two services with someone else.

Once again this is for FTTH only!!

Oh? Since when? 519 is a large area code in terms of geography.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

said by DKS:

Oh? Since when? 519 is a large area code in terms of geography.

Indeed. Out of the over 36,000 sq. km area which covers the 519 area code zone I have a suspicion that the areas of FTTHome installations could be marked with a single push pin.

havenots
@bell.ca

havenots

Anon

said by Thane_Bitter:

Indeed. Out of the over 36,000 sq. km area which covers the 519 area code zone I have a suspicion that the areas of FTTHome installations could be marked with a single push pin.

Let me guess -- some elites in London are arbitrarily the lucky ones, much like they were during the TotalVision service trials in the mid/late '90s, or some folks in Bell's beloved Belleville get new services years in advance of the rest of province, as has historically been the case??

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

said by havenots :

Let me guess -- some elites in London are arbitrarily the lucky ones, much like they were during the TotalVision service trials in the mid/late '90s, or some folks in Bell's beloved Belleville get new services years in advance of the rest of province, as has historically been the case??

BUZZZ!
Incorrect and you have forfeited your next turn.

"I know I will put London, Ont., on the backburner,...London will wait longer for those services.” - George Cope, CEO BCE Inc.
»www.itworldcanada.com/ne ··· c/140783

However, the sparkling metropolis of Sudbury Ontario is seeing a fibre deployment via Bell Aliant; if you need to 'vent', they have a very large smoke stack you can use.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by Thane_Bitter:

said by havenots :

BUZZZ!
Incorrect and you have forfeited your next turn.

"I know I will put London, Ont., on the backburner,...London will wait longer for those services.” - George Cope, CEO BCE Inc.
»www.itworldcanada.com/ne ··· c/140783

However, the sparkling metropolis of Sudbury Ontario is seeing a fibre deployment via Bell Aliant; if you need to 'vent', they have a very large smoke stack you can use.

...at first I thought when our service area was split/sold off to Aliant I was thinking we are going to get the crap end of the stick, but now I can't wait....I've been seeing a lot of markings around lately around their equipment, locates and stuff on buried cables and markings for what I want to say are fibre boxes, I'll take some pics of what I'm seeing, I'm pretty sure its part of the rollout, so I feel like its real and not just some sort of fantasy for 1% of the city to get....its exciting for sure....sorry London....you're just too big .