share rss forum feed

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
reply to McBrain

Re: So what did you do yesterday?

Spriests popping out from behind a pillar in Nagrand Arena thinking "Yay, I can Mass Dispell that!" = their death.
--
Good evening!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
Glyph of Mass Dispel + shit tons of Haste = .2 sec cast time.

Of course you pop out from beind the pillar and still get pwned sometimes, but its about 84 bazillion times better than a 1.6s cast time.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Nick D
Grats! Even after the 30% buff many will never even see it, let alone finish it.

I admit to having to have the 30% buff for my H LK kill, but it's at least nice to see my achieve be from when the content was current. Way too many Banes of the Fallen King and Lights of the Dawn running around these days.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to shambulance
I couldn't sleep yesterday, rather last night. Finally dozed off around 0330 and woke up at 0630. It's Friday but....it's going to be a LONG Friday.

Also, I reasserted a lesson I learned a while ago but have been trying to fudge on. If I have a character that can tank, I better be tanking. I queued up as feral dps on my 54 Worgen druid a couple times yesterday. Literally 4 of the 5 times we could not complete the instance (this is BRD levels). Tanks would get knocked off the platform on Lord Incendius or just pull entire rooms and then leave the group, having the rest of us wail in pain.

I have full BoA of everything leather and a complete set for resto/boom and bear/kitty so......I'm just going to drop my kitty spec and start tanking....again. And when I get a little tired of that, queue up as healer and stare at grid for a bit.

I feel like the only thing I can do in WoW is either tank or heals. I have 85s of every class, know every spec, but I get too frustrated by most of these LFD/LFR players to sit back as the powerless dps and fail.
--
Good evening!

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
that is why my tank and sometimes healers have much more dungeon time than my dps does, sometimes you just feel like pushing them out of the way, but i remember when i was learning it as well so i just sit back and let them learn, have smoke or eat a sammich.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

I healed 4/8 heroic DS on my newly 85 shaman in full ruthless gear. Come at me bro :P

i would but my back hurts just thinking about it... I'm sure the other healers feel the same
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to cymraeg
there are times when i'll attempt things 2 or 3 times but when tanks pull rooms and then leave group for no obvious reason that's just uncalled for. that's what really grinds my gears.
--
Good evening!

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

I healed 4/8 heroic DS on my newly 85 shaman in full ruthless gear. Come at me bro :P

That's just retarded and like another poster said, I'm sure the other healers felt that as well.

Approach me in an agressive manner male sibling!
--
Good evening!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to shambulance
Disregard females, collect currency.

That's what I did yesterday.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to mettachain
At least 3 people that don't know what they're doing sure.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Oh if we're back on topic.

Finally got Savior done. Yay for attendance issues for a solid month after our Spine kill T_T

inb4lol25% (hey its not 30 yet! ... next week)

Grats. (^_^)
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to mettachain
said by mettachain:

that's what really grinds my gears.

back to you Tom , Diane
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to shambulance
Last night I did some 3s on my Enh Shaman. He's got a PvP trinket and 484 resilience (just from the trinket). In about 8 matches we went 4-4. Of course when I got focused I dropped like a rock and we lost, when I didn't we won. Overall it was fun to mess around and not be a complete failure.

Does anyone have any info on PvP as Enhancement? I have a good spec, I am looking for info on comps and such, and a rough estimate on the amount of resilience needed to be competitive.
--
McBrain#1558 - Barbarian/Monk

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
reply to shambulance
Hung out in Deepholm all damned day waiting on Aeonaxx.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth

1 recommendation

TLPD.v2

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to mettachain
Saterday night I killed rag in FL25
only wipes were on rag all other bosses were one shot.

And while I had killed all the others once before I had only wiped on rag before (btw only the 2nd time I'v ebeen in a raid that got to rag)

Friday I killed DW in 10DS

over all I liked the rag fight better, more fun, more rewarding.
DW the mech was easy all. Rag took a little time to get a good grip on doing the mech but by the end I had it down on positioning for the hammer smashes. And as its a run that happens every saterday I talked to teh RL after and got on the list for embers after 1-2 people. So I might actually get to make the staff YAY.

Spine went smoothly (first kill of DS10 spine for me) the group had a good strat worked out (much better than my guild, guess after I get the guild rep achev I might see about changing but that guild normaly doesn't raid on friday nights so that might not work) also I got the tier helm (so i could drop the RF tier legs for crafted and still have my 4pc) also did morch on heroic (went very well but nothing for me dropped) would have done Ultra on heroic (did a few wipes and we went to 7 HoT's and ice block wasn't back up so we opted we just didn't have the DPS in the run, we did the mechs all properly just didn't get enough DPS to kill befor the 7th (I blame myself I was the lowest DPS other than the tanks, might have been a slight lag or something anyway my ilvl has gone up since then so maybe next week if timing is good for me to run with them)

so last couple weeks I got the following
Tier hands from BH
Tier Head from DS10
Tier chest from guild's DS10 the week before
Reg Cuning of the cruel
Crafted legs
found a site thats improved my reforging (hit is now at exacly 17.00, and haste at 2006, yes I know with the tier bonus I could go lower but I don't like relying on procs and sometimes I don't have the 5% raid buff)

so last week was fairly busy considering I only get on for dailies and LFR on work nights normally.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to shambulance
Let's see, yesterday was 101 degrees here in Eastern NC. I get in the car after work and get a text from the wife...the AC is out. Of course. I get home, take a look, and figure it's either the fan motor or the capacitor. I finally get in touch with an AC repair man around 7:30, and he tells me he will be out as soon as he can. It's 85 degrees inside, my kid is running around in his diaper sweating like a whore in church, and my wife is doing everything she can to not flip out.

Well, I decide to play some wow while waiting on the service tech to show. Which happens promptly, 5 hours after we first spoke. Yeah, this dude shows up to repair my AC at midnight. After spending about ten minutes at my house, roughly three of which were actually wrench time, he hands me my invoice and drives off. I look at the bill, $103.50. Forty-six dollars in labor (charged me for a half hour), and $57.50 in travel and diagnostic fees. The shoddy part it took him 3 minutes to locate and replace was the capacitor, which was fortunately still under warranty (house was built in July '09).

What was strange about this guy is he isn't an after hours tech, he works 7:30 am to ~midnight SEVEN DAYS A WEEK in the summer and is the ONLY tech this company has (his dad owns the operation). He told me I was his TWENTY-SEVENTH service call of the day.

I'm no mathematical prodigy, but assuming my call was your average "halp me, I'm braising in my own sweat in the sauna that used to be my house" call, this dude made roughly $1300 in labor alone, another ~$1600 in "travel and diagnostics", and not to mention what he charged the unfortunate ones for parts that weren't under warranty.

Moral of the story: forget the honor and respect that comes with being part of my generation's warrior class and defending the free world from all enemies foreign and domestic, I want my own AC repair company that generates $3k in profit on your average Tuesday. I'm in the wrong business.

Oh, and while waiting on the world's wealthiest HVAC repairman, I was able to do a full raid finder, win a Battle of Gilneas, and get some Cataclysmic Gauntlets from BH on my Enh Shaman, all while sliding around in my computer chair in a pool of my own sweat.
--

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Harddrive
Premium
DFW
$103.50 is a small price to pay to get your AC running. I'd say you got off light for having a tech show up at midnight.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
I agree, it was well worth the c-note. It's just mind boggling how much this guy works and how much cash he generates.

Harddrive
Premium
DFW
People want to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. And they will pay whatever it takes to get it. He could have charged you a whole lot more for an out of hours service call. He probably makes damned good money being the only 'revenue generator' of his dad's business.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
Yeah, guy said he works 14-18 hour days in the summer, without asking off if at all possible.

Says he has a 2008 Corvette, 30th anniversary Camaro, a Harley, and he is an antique gun collector...and his only bills are his utilities. Not bad for a 27 year old. He was proud to tell me these facts, and rightfully so. My reply to him after he finished listing his toys was, "...and no wife or kid." Which of course was dead on, haha. Not saying I'd have $80k in vehicles in my driveway and not owe a dime for them, but my bank account would definitely be more plush if I were single too.
--

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
reply to shambulance
Click for full size
Yesterday was a fun day - picked up my new car - had taken it in to get the windows tinted. Here she is.
--
“I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul"

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
gratz!

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
reply to Rhenai

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to Rhenai
oh the yearly taxes on that thing, do not envy you rhenai.

Rhenai

Elkhorn, NE
Yeah, Nebraska stinks that way with the wheel/road tax but I figure - I've earned it. Call it what you will, second child-hood, she's an exciting car - 2013, 6-speed stick and just plain rocking.

I'll save my pennies to pay Nebraska and get my money's worth when I drive!
--
“I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul"

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Guess I have to be on the lookout for some crazy chick in a Mustang on 370 now.
--
Good evening!

Rhenai

Elkhorn, NE
No doubt - 370 is fun anyway with the 55 speed zone

What's really wild is the speedometer goes to 160 and I found 80 without even trying.

Maybe better save pennies for speeding tickets, Bellevue gestapo and all that

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
just try avoid the crazy bastards on the kennedy.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to shambulance
got the fledgling tree to 62, appearantly i am not doing horrible healing got 3 compliments from the tanks, sidenote, gear from ols is hard to find for trees and boomchickens still, the hunt continues......
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!