uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
kudos:1
reply to mettachain

Re: So what did you do yesterday?

Your quoting the freedom of expression just validates my "expression" as well. I have the right to share my displeasure with what I read.
How about knowing the difference between the freedom of expression, and vulgarity?
How about knowing and understanding the forum of where you may be expressing this.
How about my rights to not subject to offensive material?
Oh and by the way - the "title" under your name would lead one to believe that you understand these differences. Or are you using your freedom of expression there as well, when you certainly don't chose to act like one?
--
“I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul"

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to mettachain

said by mettachain:

said by Caelharrad:

Grim Batol was a nightmare, though. Three wipes (!) on General Umbriss. One wipe on Forgemaster Throngus. Our tank died at least 4 other times to trash mobs...
"WHY IS THE TANK DEAD?!?!" is funny at first, but after about the 3rd time it's flipping annoying.

IMO that would have to be a dps and healer issue. In your first example, the purple trogg REALLY needs to be CC'd away from the boss, otherwise when it dies near him, the tank gets the shit beat out of him...regardless of gear. You had two hunters and a druid. No reason they shouldn't have been CC right as they came out. Your second example is where it would have to be the healers fault. If the healer isn't dispelling the debuff off the tank during the dual blade phase he becomes unhealable.
Wiping on the trash though? That's just silly unless he was constantly standing in the AoE that those earth ascendants do in there.

I think it was a multitude of issues.
(a) I hadn't done Grim Batol in about a year, nobody else in the group had ever been in there. So definitely some "lack of knowledge" going on. But - family group, just running for fun... nobody's going to spend 30 minutes watching youtube vids of boss fights for that. At least, I hope not. As much as possible, I was trying to call out mechanics as I remembered them... but if you're already halfway through a wipe, it's too late.
(b) I was doing about 20k dps. The other two dps were about 5k-7k. Tank was about 3k dps. Should be enough for a normal Cata dungeon.
(c) Our healer usually plays her druid as boomkin, she is brand new to healing.
(d) Our tank leveled his pally as ret, and only started trying out pally tanking about a week ago.
Mainly, I think it was lack of knowledge of mechanics, plus tank/healer not being very experienced on what to do in those "oh shit" moments when you need to have your abilities down cold.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to shambulance

THE BIG YELLOW ONE IS THE SUN

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0LdJihN2xw

--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to Caelharrad

You guys sound rly terrible at this game. Maybe you guys should go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure together instead. :P

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Rhenai

The point is, why even post about your distaste in wording when you obviously know what the person is talking about? No one forces you to click on a forum and read through everything. You made a conscious choice to do that yourself. And no, there doesn't need to be a warning label on everything in the world. You know the word "rape" in this case wasn't used in the way you alluded to.

And yeah, the answer to your last question is yeah, i choose when to and not to act like my "title" says.

I'll write my congressman later and ask if big government can put warning labels and ratings on everything from forums to comics in order to let innocent or prudent readers like yourself know what's behind door number 3.
--
Good evening!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to mettachain

said by mettachain:

Double hypocrite

hardly. I don't hide behind "freedom of speech" rhetoric. I am very direct in my beliefs and have always supported decorum and accountability for words and deeds. You, on the other hand, tried to use "freedom of speech" rhetoric to tell someone else not to say something. Hypocrite.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to shambulance

Who is destroying these forums?

Yes.

Rhenai

Elkhorn, NE
reply to mettachain

said by mettachain:

The point is, why even post about your distaste in wording when you obviously know what the person is talking about?

Exactly, look in the mirror - the same reason why you post about my posting??

We can both spout on and on about rights, and who can say what, and why did one say anything about anything at all.
What it all comes down to is - opinions, and you know what they say about those and a-holes. Everyone's got one.
--

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth

Let's share some hot cocoa
--
Good evening!

Rhenai

Elkhorn, NE

Let's not, but you can say we did if it makes you feel better.

I know I won't.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Caelharrad

I remember crawling through there in early Cata with everyone at ilvl 325ish, pulling 8~11k dps each... and trying to heal it on a druid... I look back on it with pride, but it was painful at the time. Pally tanks who started ret usually don't understand spreading out their defensive CDs so that something is always up... it's rough, man. I'm glad you guys are enjoying this content, though... I know our guild is.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

I'd rather hang out with friends and collect gear, mounts, and achievements that don't require me to beat up on the weaker kid.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to Rhenai

nah i could care less and i much prefer spiced chai
--
Good evening!

shambulance

join:2012-05-11
Shawnee, KS
reply to shambulance

What happened I leave for 5 min and you guys got off topic. go to your corners your in time out, no dessert after dinner.

But back on topic i got my priest to 63 last night wanting to get to 85. She is so for the easiest Ive healed on yet. Is holy better than disc? I love her holy heals and im speced as shadow also, I use shadow as my leveling spec.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Both spec are a lot of fun. I prefer disc though. The most frustrating thing about playing holy is when you set out a Lightwell and no one clicks it! That's the most powerful HoT in game and turds just stare at the pretty light.
--
Good evening!

Rhenai

Elkhorn, NE
reply to shambulance

shambulance

join:2012-05-11
Shawnee, KS
reply to shambulance

Becasue it takes a click and their dps might drop. Jk I always click it, but my dps sucks, ask anyone in dslr guild.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth

Please see the MMORPG for beginners guide in the sticky
--
Good evening!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to shambulance

said by shambulance:

Becasue it takes a click and their dps might drop.

Pretty sure the Lightwell click is off the gcd. Keybind > clicking anyway...unless you are Ghastlyone.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

it is

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Sometimes I click the UI to pretend like I don't know how 2 play. Then I put my left temple on the 1 key and roll my face until my right temple hits the 0 key then my head falls off.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

said by Phantasee:

Sometimes I click the UI to pretend like I don't know how 2 play. Then I put my left temple on the 1 key and roll my face until my right temple hits the 0 key then my head falls off.

You played a ret pally in wrath!

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter

said by bTU:

said by Phantasee:

You played a ret pally in wrath!

And a Blood DK now!

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3
reply to shambulance

»www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20···features

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter

I thought I went overboard until I watched his show.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to McBrain

said by McBrain:

said by shambulance:

Pretty sure the Lightwell click is off the gcd. Keybind > clicking anyway...unless you are Ghastlyone.

Haha. Not only do I click, but I click my abilities from directly out of my spellbook. I put nothing on my bars.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

said by Ghastlyone:

Haha. Not only do I click, but I click my abilities from directly out of my spellbook. I put nothing on my bars.

Now, THAT is some hardcore shit right there. Ye Olde Schoole FTW.

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Ghastlyone

I would love it if you somehow bound keys to turn the pages of the spell book for you.

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Ghastlyone

said by Ghastlyone:

said by McBrain:

said by shambulance:

It's like Everquest!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to drew

said by drew:

I would love it if you somehow bound keys ...

That would be blasphemy in Ghastly's world.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to shambulance

So I created a brand new toon on Navymaverick's server, Nordrassil Alliance. I have no BoAs, no gold. I begin questing a bit. Hit level 4 quick. Some random level 85 Human Warrior swoops down into the human starting zone, throws me a guild invite to his level 1 guild . I accept the invite for no reason. He then promptly promotes my level 4 to GM and /gquits. I'm like, "Sweet, 10 minutes on this server and I already own a guild." I head over to SW to check out the guild bank. Of course, there's nothing in it but there are 3 tabs available.

I had no intention of staying in this guild so I advertise in Trade, "WTS level 1 guild , 3 tabs. 700g."

Within 45 seconds, I had a buyer. Easiest money I've ever made. I then joined Navymaverick's guild....with XP boost
--
Good evening!