uniqs
share rss forum feed

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Phantasee

Re: So what did you do yesterday?

said by Phantasee:

Sometimes I click the UI to pretend like I don't know how 2 play. Then I put my left temple on the 1 key and roll my face until my right temple hits the 0 key then my head falls off.

You played a ret pally in wrath!

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter

said by bTU:

said by Phantasee:

Sometimes I click the UI to pretend like I don't know how 2 play. Then I put my left temple on the 1 key and roll my face until my right temple hits the 0 key then my head falls off.

You played a ret pally in wrath!

And a Blood DK now!

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3
reply to shambulance

»www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20···features

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter

I thought I went overboard until I watched his show.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to McBrain

said by McBrain:

said by shambulance:

Becasue it takes a click and their dps might drop.

Pretty sure the Lightwell click is off the gcd. Keybind > clicking anyway...unless you are Ghastlyone.

Haha. Not only do I click, but I click my abilities from directly out of my spellbook. I put nothing on my bars.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

said by Ghastlyone:

Haha. Not only do I click, but I click my abilities from directly out of my spellbook. I put nothing on my bars.

Now, THAT is some hardcore shit right there. Ye Olde Schoole FTW.

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Ghastlyone

I would love it if you somehow bound keys to turn the pages of the spell book for you.

Phantasee

Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Ghastlyone

said by Ghastlyone:

said by McBrain:

said by shambulance:

Becasue it takes a click and their dps might drop.

Pretty sure the Lightwell click is off the gcd. Keybind > clicking anyway...unless you are Ghastlyone.

It's like Everquest!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to drew

said by drew:

I would love it if you somehow bound keys ...

That would be blasphemy in Ghastly's world.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to shambulance

So I created a brand new toon on Navymaverick's server, Nordrassil Alliance. I have no BoAs, no gold. I begin questing a bit. Hit level 4 quick. Some random level 85 Human Warrior swoops down into the human starting zone, throws me a guild invite to his level 1 guild . I accept the invite for no reason. He then promptly promotes my level 4 to GM and /gquits. I'm like, "Sweet, 10 minutes on this server and I already own a guild." I head over to SW to check out the guild bank. Of course, there's nothing in it but there are 3 tabs available.

I had no intention of staying in this guild so I advertise in Trade, "WTS level 1 guild , 3 tabs. 700g."

Within 45 seconds, I had a buyer. Easiest money I've ever made. I then joined Navymaverick's guild....with XP boost
--
Good evening!

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

oh cheeky bastard, i guess the sun shines on a dogs ass some days, ay?

Caelharrad

Fenton, MO
reply to Caelharrad

This was from a few days ago:

said by Caelharrad:

Seeing as how our pally tank dinged L85 during the Grim Batol run, and my hunter main is a 525 blacksmith... I'll be making that fellow some armor. "WHY IS THE TANK DEAD?!?!" is funny at first, but after about the 3rd time it's flipping annoying.

Well, our pally tank is now sporting a full 8-piece set of Vicious Pyrium armor (str/resil, ilvl 377). The family dungeon group ran through Halls of Origination last night, with only one wipe (Anhuur; that was due to the DPS starting up before I had a chance to explain the shield/switches mechanism). No other deaths for the entire run, and a full clear of all bosses. Quite fun (HoO has always been one of my favorites), and one hell of a lot less stressful.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Is the PVP set mastery stacked or something? Because PVP is never targeted at tanks, so he'd be missing gobs of dodge, parry, and block (unless it is mastery stacked). Resil does literally nothing in PVE now.

Just that much extra health and armor helps I guess?

Caelharrad

Fenton, MO

No, it's not mastery stacked; and I know that resilience is only good for PvP. I've made clear to him that he needs to stack as much mastery as possible, and that he should start swapping out the crafted gear for actual PvE gear (ilvl >= 348) as soon as possible. However - seeing as his previous gear was quest greens in the ilvl 310-330 range, the vicious pyrium set gave him a massive boost in both armor and stamina/HP. Hopefully in a week or two, he won't need it anymore... but I had the elementium and volatile fire on hand, and was tired of the repair bills.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

What a waste of materials and a bad move in shaping the thought process of a new player. ilvl ballooning with pvp gear is barely acceptable to do as a dps but for a tank/healer is unacceptable!

personally, the first thing i do when going into regular cata heroics is scan every players gear. if they have more than 2 pvp pieces equipped, i kick them at the first opportunity. oh yes i watch meters too and they are at the bottom.

good thing you run in a small family group because i'd be pretty pissed to get a tank with shit gear, stam stacking like a boss and a couple of hunters who just tunnel vision "shoot that monster."
--
Good evening!

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

There's a huge difference between ilvl ballooning for LFR/LFD and replacing 318 quest gear with 377 PVP gear for running with your buddies/family.

That said, Mists is finally unscrewing that deal. PVP gear in mists in PVE? Not a problem (sans a probable lack of capped stats like hit). The PVP stats have zero stat budget, so the PVE stats will be commensurate with its lower item level.

Why it hasn't been like that this entire time is beyond me.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

I did read about the resil feasibility in PvE during Mists as almost a baseline stat however that's not the case right now. So, on the sporadic occasion i queue up in the looking for derp or looking for retards, i will be watching gear like a hawk and booting baddies abruptly.
--
Good evening!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by mettachain:

So, on the sporadic occasion i queue up in the looking for derp or looking for retards, i will be watching gear like a hawk and booting baddies abruptly.

skilled players can make pvp gear work. pvp gear dps'rs are fine for 5mans (yes, HOT included). Tank? tricky... depends on the healer. If the healer says the tank is too squishy, then boot. Healer? not without superior dps making the fights stupid short.

Caelharrad

Fenton, MO
reply to mettachain

said by mettachain:

What a waste of materials and a bad move in shaping the thought process of a new player. ilvl ballooning with pvp gear is barely acceptable to do as a dps but for a tank/healer is unacceptable!

Jesus Christ. Thanks for the scolding, Gramps. Consider me chastened. I'll never do it again. Promise. Scout's honor. Next time I need a lesson in "How to play WoW" (which is not what this topic is for, by the way), I'll make sure to consult with you.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

don't let him get to you. I've seen too many of his type harrass the group demanding someone get kicked... only to rage quit... and then see everyone in party express relief, and move on killing mobs and collecting loot. He's better off sticking to his own kind.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to Caelharrad

Please don't consult with me. There's a certain (which doesn't appear to be going away) for MMORPGs for beginners.
--
Good evening!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to mettachain

I fully see your point here, but 2 pieces of PvP gear is a pretty low threshold.

Like nick said, replacing ilvl318 stuff with 377 stuff is a massive upgrade, regardless of whether the 377 is PvP oriented or not.

I just don't really get this type of attitude. I'm not persecuting you for it, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But if you're so anti-bads why are you queueing for regular Cata heroic randoms anyway? Wouldn't you expect lesser skilled, lesser geared players to be there anyway?

And who really cares if someone is at the bottom of the meter in a regular Cata heroic? Most people could probably perform at an acceptable level to clear the place with half their gear on.
--
McBrain#1558 - Barbarian/Monk

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by Immer:

said by mettachain:

So, on the sporadic occasion i queue up in the looking for derp or looking for retards, i will be watching gear like a hawk and booting baddies abruptly.

skilled players can make pvp gear work. pvp gear dps'rs are fine for 5mans (yes, HOT included). Tank? tricky... depends on the healer. If the healer says the tank is too squishy, then boot. Healer? not without superior dps making the fights stupid short.

I did say sporadic. There are times when I feel compassionate enough where I would queue up for a reg cata heroic to grace the new 85s with my presence and have them gawk at my leetness. But that feeling goes away pretty quickly I must say.
--
Good evening!

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE

I did say sporadic. There are times when I feel compassionate enough where I would queue up for a reg cata heroic to grace the new 85s with my presence and have them gawk at my leetness. But that feeling goes away pretty quickly I must say.

And that's when he woke up.
--
“I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul"

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth

Truthfully, I'm just phishing...I'm learning what words and arguements to make in order bring lurkers onto the forums, kind of like you rhenai.
--
Good evening!

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE

I don't lurk, I post enough.

Just could not resist the comment on yours though.
--
“I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul"

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to mettachain

said by mettachain:

have them gawk at my leetness. But that feeling goes away pretty quickly I must say.

I could probably say the same thing about my ilvl400+ Priest that has about 14 pieces of Cataclysmic Gladiator gear and 10 or so pieces of heroic DS crap that I have played for exactly 1 hour since March.

But being an arrogant prick and looking down my nose at people doesn't do too much for my self-esteem.
--
McBrain#1558 - Barbarian/Monk

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
reply to Rhenai

hook, line, and sinker
--
Good evening!

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to McBrain

said by McBrain:

But being an arrogant prick and looking down my nose at people doesn't do too much for my self-esteem.

but with this xpac becoming stale, how else are you supposed to get any entertainment value from the game?

I guess that's what this entire is about. "what did you do yesterday."

I've derailed this topic enough. back on subject....

jumped on my 53 worgen druid and used Running Wild for approx 10 mins straight. i still get such a kick out of that ability.
--
Good evening!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

I came home, played with the kid, watched about 12 and a half minutes of Rambo 3 and fell asleep at or around 9 p.m.

I'm old.