All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wideband in Mansfield Ohio

Just want to let everyone know in the area that as of this morning my modem finally kicked over to docsis 3.0 and I now have bonded channels and am getting the 50/5. I am in Lexington Ohio which is just outside of Mansfield so everyone else in the area that wants it should be able to get it too in the area.

ds5v50

join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH

Close but still so far away... I'm in the Fremont Area still waiting..

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
reply to eager2get50

nice, we have channels bonding here and if im not mistaken i could get 50/5 if my account was flagged for it but those of us on the 30/5 plan are still waiting for our configs to be pushed to our modems
--
»www.akaskriller.com - Your ultimate source for all android needs.

xwaretech

join:2011-01-30
Bedford, OH

That usually takes 3-4 days to push down if you haven't seen it by then call them!

necrocis

@rr.com
reply to eager2get50

Still all green in Ontario.

Might be because I have signature home service from them. I have had 30/5 service the whole time even though the modem was not using bonded channels. I kept calling TWC to find out when they would be switching to Doc 3.0 in the area and they said as soon as it happens my modem would switch over because I have been provisioned for it the entire time. I had been seeing them roll fiber an entire month before it finally switched over.

necrocis

@rr.com

Still no bonded channels in Ontario. I wonder if they really are updating the area or just testing in Lexington. It shouldn't matter if you have Signature or not, once the channels are bonded they should be for everyone on that node. I don't know enough about cable to know if it's the same plant or not.

I wish someone else would chip in from our area.

necrocis

@rr.com

Fiber is being run over here right now so who knows. However, a couple years ago I seen fiber being run too for weeks. At that time it was definitely CenturyLink, so I guess now it's a waiting game.

necrocis

@myvzw.com

Still all green, anyone else w/ bonded channels yet?

Necrocis6

join:2008-06-25
Mansfield, OH
reply to eager2get50

Still no bonded channels here in Ontario. However, I called in to see if I could get extreme/ultimate and they said I could get either. I signed up for Ultimate, still no bonded channels but I have extreme speeds. I'm not quite sure to do wait for a bit to see if the channels are bonded or call back and lower the package down to extreme?

Eager2get50

@myvzw.com

Do you have a docsis 3.0 modem? Is it one of twc modems? You should get it in ontario as lexington has it.

Necrocis6

Mansfield, OH

Yes, the infamous SB6141.

Eager2get50

@myvzw.com

I have the sb6580 wireless cable modem from them.

Necrocis6

Mansfield, OH
reply to eager2get50

I called in the other day to downgrade to Extreme because of not being bonded, they offered a discount for 12 months w/o a contract. Now I'm paying close to the normal Extreme price for Ultimate. However, still no bonded channels, I'll give it a week or two.

Necrocis6

Mansfield, OH

Click for full size
It finally switched over a few minutes ago. I'm on vacation this week enjoying the wind, rain, & snow from hurricane Sandy. Guess those network maintenance notices were true.