how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to DGGSLF

Re: [TIVO] Here comes the copy protection bit (letter)

said by DGGSLF:

Why would the M Card work on the Sony TV but not the original S Card that had to be swapped out?

My best guess would be that it has to do with the firmware version that is loaded onto the CableCARD itself. A newer firmware version on the M-Card compared to an older firmware version on the S-Card could possibly be updated to a newer copy protection specification that's required for the decoding of copy protected content on HBO/Cinemax.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:14
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DGGSLF

Verizon can't fix a possible compatibility issue with an 8 year old TV. If the Sharp can't recognize an M-card, you are stuck with an S-card that may not be able to properly activate for the TV - that's why you can't get HBO/Cinemax to work on the Sharp.

Post in the VZ Direct forum for additional support.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

1 edit

Does Simulcrypt have anything to do with the issue? For older devices they were not going to get an update to support it.

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA
reply to nycdave

Thanks. I just did.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
reply to nycdave

Well I posted in the direct forum, per your suggestion but still no response. I do see a lot of activity on the forum but no response yet to my issue, which has all the details and trouble ticket numbers etc.

Guess I'll give it a couple of days and then open another ticket with 800-Verizon if still no takers. :-(

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
reply to nycdave

Thanks! Adam from the direct forum was very helpful and got it to work. Hopefully you guys do knowledge shares so the other techs can learn from this experience.

Thanks again!!

JohnC47

join:2012-08-24
Northborough, MA

Ditto for me. Adam was able to get my cable cards working on my Tivo HD XL first try. This was after 3 hours of frustration on the phone with a CSR.

Thanks Adam!