Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

obdurl

join:2012-06-25
Muskogee, OK
reply to moldypickle

Re: [Speed] Suddenlink Cable internet Lag

I have smoke ping on now. I am looking for something to tracert on the east coast. Doing a web search I guess.

Suddenlink tells me the further out I go that I am going to loose download speed and increase latency.
My connection to Suddenlink network is usually good but out of the network it slows down. Right now my PS3 Network Utility is only receiving 6 mg dnld. Having a hard time getting in to games. And several server host timed out.

Thanks

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
That is correct. Obviously electrical signals take a certain amount of time to travel a certain amount of cable. The thing I am pointing out is that you are experiencing a lag spike before you are leaving the SL network. Not only does this mean that your signal hasn't gone that far (relatively), but being it's the LAST hop on SL network, that either the router is borked or they are having capacity issues.

I would suggest also getting in touch with Ashley from SL now that she has made a post in this topic. She will have access to actual network information that I can't see.
--
20/2 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old

obdurl

Muskogee, OK
I did just that. Thanks for you time.

obdurl

Muskogee, OK
Having problems playing games today and even a little worse. My PS3 Network Test Utility just displayed a 1.9Mbps Down Load. 1.1Mpbs Upload. I have no idea about what's going on. Speedtest shows everything running fast.

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Was Ashley able to get you any more assistance?

obdurl

Muskogee, OK
She said she is contacting a management team to look into it.