spc
uniqs

anonanon
@verizon.net

anonanon to MxxCon

Anon

to MxxCon

Re: Triple play upgrade pricing

Ok, so even if I don't want the On demand, $185 is still more than $172.

The point was you justify paying MORE MONEY to cablevision just to not see taxes and fees on your bill.

My point was who cares what the taxes and fees are as long as the price you pay out the door is less.

I can apply your own argument to you, that you are nothing but CV's apologist looking for every possible excuse to justify your own purchase (or lack of options). You are just looking for a psychological validation that you're being stuck with an inferior service is actually good.

If you are going to compare prices all I am saying is that the bottomline price is the only one a rational cost-conscious consumer cares about.

I think its ironic that your best argument is "I pay more money for less service but at least I don't have to pay taxes and fees"

And yes, I am quite satisfied saving my $13 per month, having a much better experience than CV's 1980's guide that looks like something from the days of MS-DOS, and I feel I have contributed something to my community because a portion of my taxes and fees went to my local state/county.

And yes I stand by my original assessment that I get $30 more value for VZ's version of their package vs the equivalent of CV's because I could compare VZ's Extreme HD package and add in the Premium's to match CV's package and still come in at $30 less. And yes that's with the BS taxes and fees. My comparison was that anyone could get a lot more for those $185 with VZ than you could with CV.

Alas for those unable to get VZ they simply find an excuse to justify why CV "MUST" be better.

Just a news flash, you'd be better off not having any loyalty to either company. To both VZ and CV you are nothing more than a number to expoit to line their pockets. If either of them really cared about YOU as a consumer, than they would let you keep your promotional rates, as I can't possibly believe that they lose money on the promotional rates, they just make less profit.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

MxxCon

said by anonanon :

My point was who cares what the taxes and fees are as long as the price you pay out the door is less.

If you are going to compare prices all I am saying is that the bottomline price is the only one a rational cost-conscious consumer cares about.

Once again, VZ makes it extremely difficult, if not outright impossible without getting 1st bill, to accurately compare what your final below-the-line amount will be. They advertise one price, but when you get the actual bill it is always is much higher.
said by anonanon :

I can apply your own argument to you, that you are nothing but CV's apologist looking for every possible excuse to justify your own purchase (or lack of options). You are just looking for a psychological validation that you're being stuck with an inferior service is actually good.

except I don't go trolling VZ forums claiming that CV is better.
said by anonanon :

And yes, I am quite satisfied saving my $13 per month, having a much better experience than CV's 1980's guide that looks like something from the days of MS-DOS, and I feel I have contributed something to my community because a portion of my taxes and fees went to my local state/county.

yes, CV's tv guide is shit. Their inet service and phone are good. If you want to contribute to your community, do some real volunteer work or directly pay more taxes. If you think paying more taxes to VZ is helping your community you are delusional.
said by anonanon :

Just a news flash, you'd be better off not having any loyalty to either company. To both VZ and CV you are nothing more than a number to expoit to line their pockets. If either of them really cared about YOU as a consumer, than they would let you keep your promotional rates, as I can't possibly believe that they lose money on the promotional rates, they just make less profit.

100% agree with you here.
But if you read this forum in any amount you'd know that I have no loyalty to any telco/cableco/cellco.
I very much dislike CV's confusing billing methods. I hate what they recently did with all the TV packages. And I'm annoyed that CV is the only viable option I have.
I have no loyalty to CV just like they have no loyalty to me. If there's a better alternative available to me I won't blind an eye to switch or use every possible trick to get a better price.

sff
join:1999-07-20
New Rochelle, NY

sff

said by MxxCon:

Once again, VZ makes it extremely difficult, if not outright impossible without getting 1st bill, to accurately compare what your final below-the-line amount will be. They advertise one price, but when you get the actual bill it is always is much higher.

My brother had business double play, 3 lines of voice and internet from Cablevision. He switched to FIOS because the prices quoted would save him ~$30+ per month. When he got the first bill he was shocked. It was costing him $30+ more per month than Cablevision. Partly because of taxes, and partly because phone calls were only free on the first phone line. He was paying per minute on all of the other phone lines. Of course he switched back to Cablevision.