spc
uniqs
staticfree6
join:2002-08-03
United State

staticfree6 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm

Re: AC Tecnology NETGEAR R6300 now available

Hi, I bought one of these R6300 routers from newegg.com. Been using it for a little over one day now and all I can say is that it is buggy as heck on the 2.4Ghz radio portion of it. Stay away for now. It does not have the range of my old WNDR-3700v1 N router.
I cannot get the 2.4Ghz band to work properly at all and I am on their latest V1.0.2.14_1.0.23 firmware. The 5Ghz band works well but no different nor better than any other cheaper non-802.11ac router's 5Ghz band. I am having buyer's remorse at this time due to this and am contemplating returning it for a refund if Netgear does not fess up and come out with a fix within my 7 days RMA return shipping label expire period. I have began posting my info on the forum1.netgear.com R6300 forum also. Let's see if a Netgear developer reads it and replies with a solution or not.
bimmerdriver
join:2010-12-10
Coquitlam, BC

bimmerdriver

Good luck with someone from Netgear responding on the forum. Maybe they lurk there, but I never saw any evidence of anyone from Netgear on the forum.

If you're having problems, return it while you can and try it again when they get their act together.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to staticfree6

Premium Member

to staticfree6
You'll need to get onto the Netgear Forums if you want to see anything done about the firmware. Netgear still hasn't pushed out stable non beta firmware for the WNDR3700v1 since the last time months ago.
bimmerdriver
join:2010-12-10
Coquitlam, BC

1 recommendation

bimmerdriver

Seriously, the forum is a complete waste of time. You need to report the problem directly to netgear technical support. But since this product is new, it will probably take a while (months) before they get it working properly. If it's not reliable now take it back.
cmslick3
join:2004-05-24
Joliet, IL

cmslick3

What issues are you having with this router? i recently purchased one also and I'm not having any problems at this point in time. I have had the thing setup for about a week now and all 15 or so devices which use it seem to be happy.

We do a LOT of streaming both inside the network and from the internet. Hulu stumbles sometimes, but this is related to my Samsung TV not the router.

My Wifi devices are a mixed bunch, 3 laptops, 2 tablets, 4 android phones, and a Wii. all of these work fine... The rest of the network is wired through a 24 port switch.
staticfree6
join:2002-08-03
United State

staticfree6

I already stated the problems I was having with this R6300 router. I've posted my reports on the netgear forums too.
If you go over there and read about it, you'll see that I am not alone with my experience and conclusion.

I have already returned the R6300 to newegg.com for a refund. I had to pay them just about $15 for UPS prepaid RMA ship return label. I don't recommend anyone get this router right now. It is wrought with bugs.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV

I just got this the other day and it has been great. However, I decided to load the previous to most recent firmware due to some issues people did mention on the forums. I believe the version ends in .10 and I am not loading the .14 version.

With the .10 version, I haven't had any issues at all. It's giving me better range on the 2.4 than my previous 3700v1 and my connections are solid.

I can't complain.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

Latest firmware is version 1.0.2.14
cmslick3
join:2004-05-24
Joliet, IL

cmslick3

Has anyone tried the firmware update which was released this week? I get the notification on the router home page, just kind of leery about updating.

Thanks.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

FYI -- New Firmware 1.0.2.36_1.0.28 now available

New Features & Enhancements:
Added Turkish language support in GUI.
Added Russia WAN Wizard and Russian IPTV support.
Added 2.4g HT20/HT40 coexistence disable button so router can stay in HT40 to have higher link rate, even there are some wireless interference surrounding.
Change Web GUI display issue when radio is disabled.
Change MiniDLNA code base to fix SQL attack issue.
Added GUID partition table support.

Bug Fixes:
Fixed Broadcast Name on Router Status page displayed off when SSID Broadcast is enabled.
Javascript error displayed after fill in the Router's PIN number and click "Next" to start the WPS process on IE9.
Fixed 5Ghz Signal degrades or link rate drop after R6300 running after couple weeks in some noisy\interference environment.