spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bull3964

@verizon.net
reply to cheezmo

Re: [TIVO] Here comes the copy protection bit (letter)

You're free to vote with your wallet of course, just don't expect it to have ANY effect.

Annual revenue for cable card users in 3rd party devices probably amount to less than the rounding error in the quarterly financials for one of these networks. They simply aren't going to lose sleep over losing you as a subscriber.

nothing00

join:2001-06-10
Centereach, NY
said by bull3964 :

You're free to vote with your wallet of course, just don't expect it to have ANY effect.

Oh, it absolutely will. At the very least my bill will go down.

said by bull3964 :

Annual revenue for cable card users in 3rd party devices probably amount to less than the rounding error in the quarterly financials for one of these networks. They simply aren't going to lose sleep over losing you as a subscriber.

I really won't lose sleep over losing the channels either. If this is just HBO we're talking about they've only got A Game of Thrones which is interesting. Everything else they play are old worn out cheap movies.

And to respond to another poster - why would I unsubscribe? At least two reasons. 1) I can no longer transcode to another device and 2) the principle of it.

Simply, it's no longer a product that's worth the money to me.

brutus

join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL
reply to bull3964
said by bull3964 :

I don't expect it to change anything on Verizon's end or the channel's end. Like nothing00 said though my bill will go down and give me more money to spend on other forms of entertainment.

It isn't really my goal though either since it won't make the movie channels run movies in their original aspect ratio. Since they don't run movies in their OAR, we don't use the movie channels to watch movies and instead only watch original content. We have gone from subscribing to all the movie channels to only getting the ones included in our bundle.

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA
reply to bull3964
said by bull3964 :

yeah. they've lost so many subscribers over the last 5 years since this depression started that I'm sure you're right.

it must be why they are advertising more than ever cause they don't care.

well I too vote with my wallet.