uniqs

TheTechGuru
join:2004-03-25
TEXAS

1 edit

TheTechGuru to BlakePaulson

to BlakePaulson

Re: [Speed Issues] SpeedBoost Outage?

Do you have a DOCSIS 3 or a DOCSIS 2 modem?

I'm looking for a pattern.

If Charter took away SpeedBoost from everything pre-DOCSIS 3.0 to get people to get their modem I smell a law suit.

To everyone, please, if you read this thread and are experiencing the same issue PLEASE tell is if your modem is DOCSIS 2.0 or DOCSIS 3.0, Thank you.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

said by TheTechGuru:

If Charter took away SpeedBoost from everything pre-DOCSIS 3.0 to get people to get their modem I smell a law suit.

To everyone, please, if you read this thread and are experiencing the same issue PLEASE tell is if your modem is DOCSIS 2.0 or DOCSIS 3.0, Thank you.

And if its owned and rented. I suspect that they got rid of speed boost for customer owned modems as some twisted incentive to move to a rented modem and a new package.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to TheTechGuru

to TheTechGuru
said by TheTechGuru:

lawsuit based on what? Since when is speedboost a right? At one time Charter never had it. They can take it away any time. It's an extra feature.

TheTechGuru
TEXAS

TheTechGuru

For initiating a malicious business practice that basically blackmails customers into "upgrading" to the new plans and modems to get back what they once had.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by TheTechGuru:

For initiating a malicious business practice that basically blackmails customers into "upgrading" to the new plans and modems to get back what they once had.

yes god forbid people should pay LESS. How evil.

cablegeek01
join:2003-05-13
USA

cablegeek01 to TheTechGuru

to TheTechGuru
But it was free. You aren't entitled to it. I fail to see how you are being blackmailed into upgrading because a gimmick that gave you a 3-10 second burst is no longer available. Easy come, easy go.
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

1 edit

whoaru99 to TheTechGuru

to TheTechGuru
said by TheTechGuru:

I own a Ubee DOCSIS 3 that came from Charter.

TheTechGuru
TEXAS

TheTechGuru

and you are having the same problem? or not?
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99

See post #4 in the series.

More or less just relaying my observation. I have no real complaint about the speed; seem to be getting what I'm subscribed to.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

FWIW,
I own my own modem, which is a DOCSIS 3, Zoom 5341