elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

Too many requests bug redux

This is back and with a vegnance.

I fired up my browser, logged in and got the message.
I mean come on? I'm an otherwise unmodified FF with Ghostery and HTTPS installed. All Ghostery is doing here is blocking Google Analytics.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
I'm having the exact same problem elwoodblues See Profile. I'm using Fx 13.0.1 with ABP, NoScript and HTTPS_Everywhere installed. The "503 Request temporarily denied: too many requests arriving from your IP address." bug disappeared for six months or so and is now plaguing me continually. I don't understand why we're not getting a response from site support.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
This problem is back, I exempted DLSR from HTTPS anywhere, and it seemed to clear the problem up.

This morning, I logged in, started posting a message on CanChat (took a few minutes) , click POST Now! and got the too many requests message.

How can their been too many requests when I spent 5 minutes writing in a message box?
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
Unfortunately exempting DSLR doesn't seem to stick. Each time I log in to DSLR I have to go to HTTPS Everywhere options, untick the box for Broadband Reports and the problem goes away for that session only.

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
reply to elwoodblues
Same here. Just gave up & removed the HTTPS Everywhere extension.
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!