spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

funny

join:2010-12-22

bill c-11 becomes law tomorrow

as soon as royal assent is given its law....not sure when i thought parliament was closed for two months vacation.

anyhow thanks to no party even fighting on this all wrapped up in the stupid omnibus bill...

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada

Pssst, it's closer to 3 months vacation, not 2.

funny

reply to funny

but as third reading is today in senate does it become law tomorrow like geist says or what i was told that , that can't happen till they get back after the summer?

NCRGuy

join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by funny:

but as third reading is today in senate does it become law tomorrow like geist says or what i was told that , that can't happen till they get back after the summer?

Whatever you were told is wrong.

funny

reply to funny

so the senate passed third reading we has a stupid backwater against the charter copyright law OH JOY
love these stupid criminal robocall conservatives

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2

Is this going to make Canada open season for more Hurt Locker type extortions?

I initially read they were passing a 5k maximum penalty for individuals (cumulative), now it is 5k per file?

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
reply to funny

Time to look for specials on Vaseline...

New gold mine for the lawyers.

Roofer

join:2010-11-24
reply to funny

Nothing in the newsmedia

If C-11 is becoming the law today, how come there is nothing in the news media? I have checked all of the major sites.

XT0RT
S3x, Drugs, War

join:2001-07-28
Edmonton, AB
reply to funny

Re: bill c-11 becomes law tomorrow

Simple fact of the matter is that Canadians keep voting them in because they feel every other form of Government is not capable of getting the job done. You'd think that after this bill, the F-35 debacle, and numerous other f-ups, Canadians would smarten up and realize that the Cons are not capable of finding their asses with their own two hands.

Luckily I use SSL encrypted Usenet services, and I don't share out my content over the web.
--
Core i7 2720QM : GTX 460M (485M R.I.P) : 16GB DDR3-1333 : 320GB x 2 in RAID 0 : Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Anonymous posts are filtered.

DanteX

join:2010-09-09
kudos:1
reply to Roofer

Re: Nothing in the newsmedia

Simple because the mainstream news could care less about issues that people should know about.

Roofer

join:2010-11-24
reply to XT0RT

Re: bill c-11 becomes law tomorrow

said by XT0RT:

Luckily I use SSL encrypted Usenet services, and I don't share out my content over the web.

You do realize that the dns server can redirect you to a fake nttps server with a cloned security certificate, & you wouldn't know it?

Or else the nttps operation could have been taken over by the MPAA's buddies in law enforcement, and be logging your downloads.

My major issue with this government is that it has run up a deficit every year since it has been in power. It got a lot of votes for the appearance that it is fiscally responsible, but the facts say otherwise. But enough of that, I'll reserve other comments for the political forum.

funny

2 edits
reply to Dunlop

said by Dunlop:

Is this going to make Canada open season for more Hurt Locker type extortions?

I initially read they were passing a 5k maximum penalty for individuals (cumulative), now it is 5k per file?

YES
and that 5K is the govt fine not the civil lawsuit your gonna get....

enter
the SFTP
THE encryption
and encrypted newsgroups

and custom encrypted other apps you just aint heard of tunneled via things that dont appear encrypted....

i saw on news a week ago that the seante back then was on seocnd reading and it could not get royal assent until parliament resumes ergo the 2.5 months vacation ....the senate can read three times all week unless the house is sitting it cant get royal assent...so im told.... michael geist ( seeing as he baned me posting at his site for calling conservatives nazis [apparently geist is jewish and dont like the word used on his site] ) says otherwise that as soon as the senate reads and passes a third time with no new amendments to send back to the house its given royal assent ....now i need to learn and find out.

and it wont become and offical law until they get back and hte order in council goes thorugh which cant happen until the mps get back from break ...2.5 months
ENJOY the summer of downloading ROFL....hahaha glad i er gotz unlimited to get all my music

now i wonder would this bill be illegal on the ground that i pay on my blank cdrs a music levy and then to download anything i am breaking the law????
what if it was a music dvdr and i broke encryption and dumped it to a new format like mp3s to compress for space....and savings on cdrs?
WHAT happens if i download an already cracked dvdr and then rip it thus placing the encryption back on it?
i see the above last one as a form of loop hole that the rcmp said that non commercial filesharing they wont go after so if you download a dvdr already broken or resized as an iso then im not the one breaking said encryption so i cant be fined especially if they did it outside of canada....now filesharing also means non commerically sharing to you so the rcmp saying this neuters the law....BUT it means they can one day go back on there word once you all go oh they aint coming for me.

I said it what people should do is go buy a store bought dvdr and make a back up and everyone turn themselves in at once across canada....the charter says you cant make laws that you dont intend to enforce or can't reasonably enforce. Imagine the panic in teh entire system when even just 100,000 people across the land did this let alone every pirate say 6-8 million did this....OH think all those people not working and paying taxes....sink the govt that would and guarantee the first judge in front of anyone would start tossing crap out left and right....

not to mention a drunk driver that kills someone gets less a fine then i whom does not harm anyone thus a letter to the fact of CRUEL and UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT on said fines as they are non violent in nature.

funny

reply to XT0RT

said by XT0RT:

Simple fact of the matter is that Canadians keep voting them in because they feel every other form of Government is not capable of getting the job done. You'd think that after this bill, the F-35 debacle, and numerous other f-ups, Canadians would smarten up and realize that the Cons are not capable of finding their asses with their own two hands.

um no 61% that voted did not vote for them and as peterborough recently saw , liberals , ndp , greens and even a former conservative aprty organizer want all the above to field one candidate ergo the NDP guy ....this means next election del mastro will really need to get 50% + 1 to win .....if he doesnt get the boot for potential election overspending and on that did we really elect the conservatives DID WE????

funny

reply to Roofer

said by Roofer:

said by XT0RT:

You do realize that the dns server can redirect you to a fake nttps server with a cloned security certificate, & you wouldn't know it?

Or else the nttps operation could have been taken over by the MPAA's buddies in law enforcement, and be logging your downloads.

My major issue with this government is that it has run up a deficit every year since it has been in power. It got a lot of votes for the appearance that it is fiscally responsible, but the facts say otherwise. But enough of that, I'll reserve other comments for the political forum.

NO
not if i use an ip address.....why would i use a dot com for anything and if you try and mess with routes like that with ips your gonna have tons a people notice and find out then you can make client and server changes to keep ahead of said fakers and that means if you do updates enough they wont ever be able to do faking and what if i set up my own dns and hosts file ot make sure you cant DNS hijack.

funny

reply to funny

Royal Assent

Royal Assent completes the enactment process. Bills may be given Royal Assent in two ways: by the Governor General or her deputy in a formal ceremony that takes place in the Senate before an assembly of both houses, or by written declaration. "Where royal assent is signified by written declaration, the Act is deemed to be assented to on the day on which the two Houses of Parliament have been notified of the declaration" (Royal Assent Act, S.C. 2002, c.15, s.5). When a bill receives Royal Assent it is given a chapter number for the Statutes of Canada.

you need both the senate and house to be notified at minimum which cant be done till the mp's house gets back form vacation.

geist should get his act together....( pardon the legal pun)

Spike
Premium
join:2008-05-16
Toronto, ON

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to funny

The lobbyists are all claiming on Twitter that it HAS received Royal Assent.... disgusting.

Don't hate on Geist if even the CRIA and other lobbyists are getting it wrong too. Nothing is getting reported!

EDIT: Ot OH, Geist was RIGHT.

Governor General has granted Royal Assent to Bill C-11, the Copyright Modernization Act. #C11

DanteX

join:2010-09-09

I think its time the Lobbyists explain how their interests ar emor important then those of the citizens of this country.

I voted for a leader who will rperesent myself and this country not people with deep pockets. dont be fooled we do not live in a democracy.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to Spike

said by Spike:

Governor General has granted Royal Assent to Bill C-11, the Copyright Modernization Act. #C11

This needs somehow to reach MAINSTREAM ordinary users somewheres in the real world. Your ordinary Media channels aren't saying a peep.
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
Twitter:Merv Chat:irc.teksavvy.ca

JunjiHiroma
Live Free Or Die

join:2008-03-18
reply to funny

Pirates will Pirate,nuff said.Small guy still gets Shafted,while Pirates Flourish.

funny

reply to Spike

said by Spike:

The lobbyists are all claiming on Twitter that it HAS received Royal Assent.... disgusting.

Don't hate on Geist if even the CRIA and other lobbyists are getting it wrong too. Nothing is getting reported!

EDIT: Ot OH, Geist was RIGHT.

LOOK what i wrote it cant have gotten royal assent the house went on vacation before the senate got to third reading AKA it cant legally be law till they get back

let the lobbyists be stupid , just shows there lack of knowledge as usual and in this case geist as well as he should know better that you need both houses to achieve royal assent and the house as i said went on vacation before third reading SO ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO BECOME LAW UNTIL THEY GET BACK AS YOU CANT GET NOTICE UNLESS THE HOUSE IS IN SESSION.

funny

reply to funny

said by funny:

Royal Assent

Royal Assent completes the enactment process. Bills may be given Royal Assent in two ways: by the Governor General or her deputy in a formal ceremony that takes place in the Senate before an assembly of both houses, or by written declaration. "Where royal assent is signified by written declaration, the Act is deemed to be assented to on the day on which the two Houses of Parliament have been notified of the declaration" (Royal Assent Act, S.C. 2002, c.15, s.5). When a bill receives Royal Assent it is given a chapter number for the Statutes of Canada.

you need both the senate and house to be notified at minimum which cant be done till the mp's house gets back form vacation.

read this the governor general can give royal assent ONLY IN FRONT OF BOTH HOUSES WHICH CANT BE DONE
the primary house of members of parliament went on vacation before the senate gave third reading.
ergo all the bills UNLESS it states in the bill that on third reading auto grants assent which this bill doesnt then you need to do that..

if the governor general is saying he can assent bills without the pressence of parliament we have another illegal act by a conservative cronie.....

again royal assent in front a both houses which cant be done or notice to both houses which cant be done either until the mps get back form vacation

good lord shame on a lawyer geist for not pointing out this aspect of how bills are made statues of .....ugh and hes a lawyer?

funny

reply to DanteX

said by DanteX:

I think its time the Lobbyists explain how their interests ar emor important then those of the citizens of this country.

I voted for a leader who will rperesent myself and this country not people with deep pockets. dont be fooled we do not live in a democracy.

if 8 million pirates the day this gets law when parliament returns buy a store bought dvdr then back it up by breaking encryption
and turn themselves in and refuse to pay the fine and refuse bail
the first judge in fornt a this mess is gonna toss this law under the charter of rights and freedoms there is a section directly dealing with the fact parliament cant try and make laws that they cant or wont enforce....i call it the DUH CIVIL RIGHT as in duh that makes sense you don't pass a law that no one can breathe air and say your not gonna enforce the 50 trillion dollar fine its UNCONSTITUTIONAL TO DO THIS.....the aspect that RCMP can tell you and i they wont enforce a law is also WRONG they don't have that right....they are police to enforce laws if they cant or wont enforce it which is what they are saying then the law is unjust and one can argue that to courts and ill bet you large cash that lock bit and the law gets quashed....

and there are other bits to aim at but we'll wait till they then do the law again without that aspect then nail it on another charter violation SHHHH dont tell them other stuff let the dummies go read our charter for a change and see what is allowed and think aobut the fact i can kill you drinking and driving and in a matter of true law get less time and fines then ripping a dvdr .....CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT.....
you dont pay a 20000 fine for breaking hte lock and its 6.7 years in jail PER ITEM?
if its 5000 thats still 1.3 years more then youd get for beating the tar out of a person and thus i argue strongly this whole act is swiss cheese....

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

said by funny:

... and thus i argue strongly this whole act is swiss cheese....

And its gona be getting swissier and cheesier with TPP

funny

1 edit

said by TwiztedZero:

said by funny:

... and thus i argue strongly this whole act is swiss cheese....

And its gona be getting swissier and cheesier with TPP

ya know what by time that happens i wont care any more, one of my sites was rendered illegal under this law because some files no one knows whom the copyright holder is or they cant be contacted....
YUP FUCK YOU TO THIS GOVT and the stupid corporations and while im at it anyone want to see that bitch on continuum that works for corporations that time travelled back have her chopped up into lil parts and mailed around the nation ( of course being a fictitious character its cant really happen but think its a game a doom )

My grand father fought in ww1 , he fought nazi's in WW2and was on kapyoung that lil ol hill in north korea where we staved off a massive chinese assault ...what the hell FOR ...REALLY so foreigners and a select few can drive bmws and private jets while i get 1.5 dollar kraft dinner and get my civil rights rammed up my arse so hard i can feel a bad taste in my mouth all day?
NO REALLY what the flying hell was harper thinking no really selling out more farmers so a few of his buds can rape canada.....and ya know that nutbar that did kill that kid my heart goes to the parents and family but look more people are gonna lose it and more crap is gonna start happening large .....and the nut was a part of "the industry" some fruity model ....just what we need more lazy types like him wandering around...
when this becomes law the best thing to do is as i suggested if you REALLY REALLY want to mute this law if every damn pirate in canada bought a store dvdr then backed it up to a new format like xvid or x264 breaking said encryption then turned our sleves in refusing to pay a fine and refusing bail the first judge you see will start nulling laws cause REAL criminals cases are gonna start getting tossed because of the time frames needed to process you and then the aspect of cruel and unusual punishment again on where to house this many people properly and safely ....food wise ...water....it will break the nation they cant do that....
OH and htink im crazy there actually is a section of the charter that deals exactly with laws like this that cant or wont be enforced cause why? cause too many of us do said activity and its of a non violent nature ....
and look at that aspect of non violence and compare fiens for drunk driving and think max time for fines is 10$ = 1 day in jail and look at other crime's time....gonna get messy for harper ...this could in fact topple the actual ogvt as it runs out of money by being forced to borrow so much they cant get loans .....this will tell you all if in fact harper is truly a traitor to our nation if he let that happen....

haha and if there are that many potheads in canada think about ti too 1 year per gram
if a millin pot heads turned themselves in POOF
like people if you want to bend over and not do shit fine then just shut the fuck up then and stop whining.

i figure if i grab 3 tb more stuff i wont need internet
and ya know i suggest everyone do this and then just never use net....not like the news media is worth surfing its a joke.....
and what the fraking hell does anyone need more then dial up to look at auction sales or a few websites
EXACTLY this is what it does is destroy our nations ability to compete....good thing im partnering with an american to create some FREE games where your always gonna get playing free and even one im designing is going to get done and outed play for free and mayb e a few micro payments to get extras. for me it wont affect me as bad...the rest of you well its been a slice you should have been doing what i and oters have been grabbing all that you could to survive without the net....

and just where is the https for this site , do you value your users so much you give no shit about them?

on lil .htacess file and you can force it....a few changes to your logs and wella OR dont log and show user rights matter....

Spike
Premium
join:2008-05-16
Toronto, ON

1 edit
reply to funny

said by funny:

said by funny:

Royal Assent

read this the governor general can give royal assent ONLY IN FRONT OF BOTH HOUSES WHICH CANT BE DONE
the primary house of members of parliament went on vacation before the senate gave third reading.
ergo all the bills UNLESS it states in the bill that on third reading auto grants assent which this bill doesnt then you need to do that..

if the governor general is saying he can assent bills without the pressence of parliament we have another illegal act by a conservative cronie.....

again royal assent in front a both houses which cant be done or notice to both houses which cant be done either until the mps get back form vacation

good lord shame on a lawyer geist for not pointing out this aspect of how bills are made statues of .....ugh and hes a lawyer?

So you're calling Moore a liar? He's said it too. Why would he lie about C11 getting Royal Assent? I know he lies a lot when spouting Music Canada propaganda, but he wouldn't lie to his masters!

This is the same guy that blocks you on Twitter when you tell him you are disappointed in the digital locks provisions that most Canadians spoke against.

NCRGuy

join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to funny

said by funny:

said by funny:

Royal Assent

You don't know what you're talking about. It got Royal Assent yesterday. The errors in your post are so numerous I am not going to waste time addressing each in turn, but there are two key ones. First, the Governor General can grant Royal Assent by written declaration. Second, the House has provisions to deal with Royal Assent that is given while it is adjourned.

So, yes, C-11 is now law. When it comes into force is a matter for the government to determine.

Deep Purple

@telus.net

From Geist: "Bill C-11, the copyright reform bill, passed third reading at the Senate and received royal assent today. The bill is now S.C. 2012, c.20. The reforms do not take effect yet, however. The bill must go through an order-in-council process with a series of new regulations first, a process that is likely to take several months."

Does it mean you can still legally download for the next few months until the order-in-council passes?

Andrei Minco

@112.198.200.x
reply to funny

The Parliament website presents the upcoming amendments to the Copyright Act in in an absolutely unreadable format. Not only is it unfeasible to see what and how is being changed, you get lost in the multiplicity of versions.

This is why I created the version of Bill C-11 as it received Royal assent with all relevant markup at »mincovlaw.com/doc/bill_c-11_afte···l_assent and also the version of the Copyright Act with all provisions of Bill C-11 incorporated into it at »mincovlaw.com/doc/canada_copyrig···l_assent .

These documents let you see clearly what changes have been made to the Copyright Act.

Andrei Mincov
andrei@mincovlaw.com
»mincovlaw.com

balur

join:2010-04-28
reply to funny

So as an ordinary user who may or may not download from a private tracker.... how does this affect me?

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Andrei Minco

said by Andrei Minco :

The Parliament website presents the upcoming amendments to the Copyright Act in in an absolutely unreadable format. Not only is it unfeasible to see what and how is being changed, you get lost in the multiplicity of versions.

This is why I created the version of Bill C-11 as it received Royal assent with all relevant markup at »mincovlaw.com/doc/bill_c-11_afte···l_assent and also the version of the Copyright Act with all provisions of Bill C-11 incorporated into it at »mincovlaw.com/doc/canada_copyrig···l_assent .

These documents let you see clearly what changes have been made to the Copyright Act.

Andrei Mincov
andrei@mincovlaw.com
»mincovlaw.com

Thanks for providing those links, I always enjoy reading your blog as well.

Cheers,
EQ
--
Everything in moderation... Including Moderation --Oscar Wilde