share rss forum feed

thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
kudos:1
reply to Anonymous

Re: [IA] Mediacom lied!

said by Anonymous:

Contract or not, verbal or otherwise you will not get service if your address is not serviceable. It's simple, if there is no plant near by there is nothing an installer can do to get your service up and running.

mediacom should service him even if it costs them billions. a company can hold a customer to a contract, even if a customer moves out of a service area, but a company doesnt have to honor the same contract? got to love the united corporations of america...

Streatorguy

@mchsi.com

the install was never completed, so the contract is void

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to thedragonmas

said by thedragonmas:

said by Anonymous:

Contract or not, verbal or otherwise you will not get service if your address is not serviceable. It's simple, if there is no plant near by there is nothing an installer can do to get your service up and running.

mediacom should service him even if it costs them billions. a company can hold a customer to a contract, even if a customer moves out of a service area, but a company doesnt have to honor the same contract? got to love the united corporations of america...

Well he can get an estimate and pay the bill in full and he can get service. No company will spend 10s of thousands of dollars to get $100/mo from one customer.

BTW when you are not serviceable don't even bother waiting. It could be years before you can get service.

PS Several years ago I had an install and after determining the building had no cable prewire whatsoever the job was cancelled. Just because someone said you can get service it does not mean you can. We all make mistakes.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.