Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Mike Wolf

Re: Cisco Connect Cloud

Was just kidding about the extra screen shots - I think you covered it very well.

Mainly what I am looking for are reports on range of 5 GHz N connections. I have a long house and the logistics of my network requires that the router be placed at one end of it. I sometimes have difficulty connecting to it at the other end.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4

1 edit

1 recommendation

ah. I see. 5Ghz range isn't always the best in general because of the frequency itself being higher in range. The higher the range the shorter the distance. Honestly each case is different and you very well may get better range in your location then someone else will in their own. The only way to know if it works is to physically test it out in your home. I know that when I'm near the router on 5Ghz I get solid 450Mbps performance without any trouble, as I get further away is when I see the connection dropping and slowing down noticeably, but this is found with any 5Ghz enabled device and isn't really any fault of the EA4500. I know that the new EA6500 which uses the new AC wireless standard is said to give 5Ghz speeds of 1300Mbps. »homestore.cisco.com/viewproduct.···48919965 and should be available in August.

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
Thanks.