spc
uniqs

file
join:2011-03-29
Riverview, NB

file to BliZZardX

to BliZZardX

Re: Sudbury ON - FibreOP FTTH - job fair Thursday 6pm

At an individual cost just for deployment of $650 per *potential* customer... how could they break even at $10/mth? It would take awhile for a customer to even recoup the cost of themselves let alone other customers.
Riplin
join:2002-05-13
canada

Riplin

Here's a novel idea. How about letting customers that actually understand speeds when they call in let them choose their own down/up based on what they need and price it accordingly. You don't need to tell the general public about this because 95% of them are clueless so they only need the website with a few concrete pkg's set up cause all they look at is the bottom $ line.

If a first level sales person can't understand what the customer is asking for (and that will happen cause the script isn't right) let a 2nd level take over and complete the sale.

Trust me you won't have 10,000's of these type of inquiries just the people that know what they want and thats far and few between

file
Riverview, NB

file

That seems like trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. If you are trying to make the point that people won't buy the service because of the price you aren't going to convince me of that until the service is available for a period of time in Sudbury and you have evidence. Across all of Atlantic Canada people are flocking to FibreOP, even when cheaper or equivalent services are available from the competitors. In other cases FibreOP is actually cheaper in the end (of course, I'm referring to when in a bundle).

If ultimately this is all because you aren't happy with the pricing for your personal use, so be it, but don't extrapolate that to the masses until the masses have spoken.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX

Premium Member

There's all sorts of ways they can sell it.

Even the wireless model works, pay by usage blocks and forget the speeds, just give people what their line can get.

LTE-Advanced, up to 175Mbps
1GB
2GB
5GB
10GB
Fair use policy: throttle to 1Mbps after 10GB

FiberOp, up to 1000Mbps
50GB - $30
100GB - $40
1TB - $60
10TB - $100
20TB - $200
Unlimited - $250
Fair use policy: throttle to 10Mbps after 50TB

file
Riverview, NB

2 edits

file

said by BliZZardX:

There's all sorts of ways they can sell it.

Even the wireless model works, pay by usage blocks and forget the speeds, just give people what their line can get.

FiberOp, up to 1000Mbps
50GB - $30
100GB - $40
1TB - $60
10TB - $100
20TB - $200
Unlimited - $250
Fair use policy: throttle to 10Mbps after 50TB

That would cover the cost of bandwidth but I have serious reservations for whether it would allow a healthy payback of the customer acquisition cost and still have a profit margin. Long term it would be possible.

So really my opinion can be summed up as this: Right now the packages and approach Bell Aliant has taken is good for sustaining their business and continuing deployment. Once they have settled down the deployment and built up some money in the bank they could change to a different model and it wouldn't hurt things. Right now they are investing everything and don't have the money to spare to change.
Riplin
join:2002-05-13
canada

Riplin to file

to file
I'm not extrapolating anything, the masses will always be the masses, I just don't like being lumped in with them.

I'm just saying give us more speed options only if we inquire.

Use the script for the masses.