Still going strong on 8/1 cable

Hemish

join:2012-05-31
Riviere-Du-Loup, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

4 edits
reply to TSI Martin

An update next week could be great! Switching to Teksavvy is turning out to be an expensive mistake.

Cyborg994

join:2005-04-18
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Martin

Very slow tonight :-(

Montreal, near decarie and snowdon.

pldube

join:2011-06-11
canada

not only tonight ... start at 1pm

so slowwwww

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Martin

I've been noticing this for a while now and while it's nice to see a thread about it, it's been happening for a few weeks now for me in Hull.

What's the deal? How much longer? Can we get a discount for this period of awful service?

DoBoY

join:2011-12-14
reply to Cyborg994

Can we get an update on this situation from TSI? I was going to switch in a week or so but now am very very worried about the quality of service i can expect..

Hemish

Riviere-Du-Loup, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Martin

said by DoBoY:

Can we get an update on this situation from TSI? I was going to switch in a week or so but now am very very worried about the quality of service i can expect..

If you're in Videotron-land, I would wait. The link itself is stable, constant pings and everything but it's getting more and more congested. Let's just hope the upgrade is significant and will last a while as it seems like it's currently one gigabit for all the Teksavvy customers in Videotron-land.

yvvvvv

join:2010-05-08
Quebec, QC

This is weird. Haven't experiences serious slowdowns in the past 2 weeks in the 7pm-10pm timeframe. I'll check tonight around 8pm-9pm and post my result here.

Reboot123

join:2012-07-05
Montreal, QC
reply to Cyborg994

.___. I am also near decarie/snowdon, hope they will fix this by the time I get my cable :B

yvvvvv

join:2010-05-08
Quebec, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to yvvvvv

I guess I was under false impressions. Finally I do get slowdowns (I'm paying for the cable 15/1.5 package).

Bummer.

blade356

join:2007-10-23
Laval, QC
reply to TSI Martin

I'm in Laval and on a 30Mb line... Yeah this is pretty dissapointing... It was working well for many a weeks, now it's back to being slow as a snail

drjp81

join:2006-01-09
canada
reply to TSI Martin

I wish I had better news. I see a 33% speed drop from the theorhetical maximum no matter where I try. So I assume, the south shore is also touched.
--
Cheers!

RoboDM

join:2010-12-20
reply to blade356

Just as I was gonna switch and the $$ for cable was getting reasonable...

ghostly57

join:2011-08-22
QC, Canada

Don't worry, you can just wait it out...

ghostly57

QC, Canada
reply to TSI Martin

Not too bad on 8/1 tonight, but the download speed was quite erratic while doing the speed test

bladerunner

@netrevolution.com
reply to blade356

30 mb and ur only getting 0.79mb, they should compensate you, I mean you are paying for 30 mb not 0.79mb...

jproy12

join:2012-07-10
Gatineau, QC

I'm also in videotron land, but in Gatineau, and speeds are as advertised, well last night at least.

I'll be doing another speed test tonight to confirm. I really hope it doesnt get that bad out here in Gatineau.

JP

drjp81

canada
reply to TSI Martin

No matter where I test, I'm getting much better results this morning. When I first got the full 30mbps order working from TSI, I would go slightly over the 30 mbps though. Even so, 29 is better than 19.

--
Cheers!

ghostly57

QC, Canada
reply to jproy12

said by jproy12:

I'm also in videotron land, but in Gatineau, and speeds are as advertised, well last night at least.

I'll be doing another speed test tonight to confirm. I really hope it doesnt get that bad out here in Gatineau.

JP

I'm also in Gatineau and speeds were alright--they were just a bit slower than advertised, but the needle was on 6 Mb/s most of time during the speed test and was moving up and down violently.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to TSI Martin

I know I haven't provided much info regarding the upgrade, but there is no ETA yet. I promise that once an update is available, I'll be posting it.
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Cyborg994

join:2005-04-18
Montreal, QC
reply to drjp81

That's normal, since cable is residential service, peak time is in the evening and not during the day, since most people are not home during the day.

Speeds during the day should be normal, if not it might indicate another issue, or a major issue with the service (if the line is maxed outside peak time, when usage is low, the issue in peak time will be much worst)

jproy12

join:2012-07-10
Gatineau, QC

Taken about 5mins ago! I'm on the 8/1 plan...

Not bad... I'll redo the test tonight during peak hours!

pldube

join:2011-06-11
canada
reply to TSI Martin

the speed is so bad tonight

drjp81

canada
reply to Cyborg994

said by Cyborg994:

That's normal, since cable is residential service, peak time is in the evening and not during the day, since most people are not home during the day.

Speeds during the day should be normal, if not it might indicate another issue, or a major issue with the service (if the line is maxed outside peak time, when usage is low, the issue in peak time will be much worst)

I though so. I was just making sure there's a time-sensitive problem.
--
Cheers!

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to pldube

said by pldube:

the speed is so bad tonight

I hope you guys remember to clear your cache before you test, it seems to make a difference.

Rickkins

Mtl, Canada
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy Cable

Wow... are you fucking kidding me...???

...on my 30/2 cable connection...???

malquin

join:2005-05-13
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to TSI Martin

Nothing exciting speedwise tonight. Montreal east. Supposed to be 15/1.5. Anyone else has a slow connection tonight?

Hemish

Riviere-Du-Loup, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Martin

said by Rickkins:

Wow... are you fucking kidding me...???

...on my 30/2 cable connection...???

Did you clear your cache? ... As you can see it's not on our ends.

I just got my Teksavvy's bill and that 80.43$ is laughing in my face.

I was the first one to take the plunge in my group of friends and at work. People were waiting on my feedback to all leave Videotron's ship. They all decided to go with Electronicbox even with the data cap (still better than Videotron). Well, at least that's 12 people less to hog our 0.5mbit that our 30mbits seem to get every evening.

I must say I'm very close to pulling the plug on Teksavvy.

Rickkins

Mtl, Canada
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit

Clearing the cache is well known to give a more accurate result. So yes, of course I did. In this case, it did nothing as the problem is not on this end. It's sad, because I haven't had the problems until now.

I'm gonna unplug my router and go direct from modem. I'll post back in a few.

Rickkins

Mtl, Canada

Hmmmm wtf...???