Search similar:

uniqs

blazerss
@netrevolution.com

blazerss to Cyborg994

Anon

to Cyborg994

Re: [Cable] [QC] Videotron Slow speeds in Evenings

good to see that, hope that next time there will be preventive measures in order to avoid for people to wait until their connection speed gets back up
Hemish
join:2012-05-31
Riviere-Du-Loup, QC

Hemish to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
I performed 3 speedtest yesterday at 18h30, 20h00 and 22h00 and while it didn't spike to 30mbps as quickly as usual, the speed reached 30mbps and was stable where it jumped all over the place before (when not at less than 1mbps).

We'll see how it goes in the next weeks. Hopefully we're good for a while!
Hemish

Hemish to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
So far so good. I got busy so I couldn't test it every night but I got good and stable speed on all my other tests since the upgrade. I'll update my review in a few weeks.

RMerlin
join:2009-10-09
Montreal, QC

RMerlin to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
You guys realize that all this constant run of speedtests is actually eating bandwidth and slowing the rest of us down? No need to run multiple tests every nights, unless you suspect there actually is an issue

drjp81
join:2006-01-09
canada

drjp81 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Still a bit of problem here, upload isn't near usual. (2.2 mbps)

I usually peak a bit pst 31 mbps on down. But I guess I can't complain about that.

Reboot123
join:2012-07-05
Montreal, QC

Reboot123 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Lost all connection between 5:20pm and 5:30pm, tho not only cable internet (teksavvy/videotron), but also the phone and tv from videotron, they must have had a short power outage or something.

jp_zer01
@videotron.ca

jp_zer01 to RMerlin

Anon

to RMerlin
said by RMerlin:

You guys realize that all this constant run of speedtests is actually eating bandwidth and slowing the rest of us down? No need to run multiple tests every nights, unless you suspect there actually is an issue

If you do the math, you would see they don't even put a dent in TSI's usage.
pldube
join:2011-06-11
canada

pldube to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
the slow speed are back tonigt (30Mbits, Quebec City)

Reboot123
Montreal, QC

Reboot123

I see you are in Quebec city, I am in Montreal, my speedtest is ok so far, hope yours will come back at full speed.
chuck02
join:2012-04-05

chuck02 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Congestion is also back for me tonight. I'm getting slow download speeds on 30Mbits cable connection in Quebec City.

xgmranti
join:2005-10-31
Almonte, ON

xgmranti to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Same slow down in Gatineau, first time since I started service back in August.
pldube
canada

pldube

OMG !

10% of my normal speed ... I guess I will paid only 10% on my next bill
Cyborg994
join:2005-04-18
Montreal, QC

Cyborg994 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
I am actually getting better then advertised speed (supposed to be 15/1.5):

xgmranti
join:2005-10-31
Almonte, ON

1 edit

xgmranti

Yeah its back to normal now...One couple hour slow down in two months isn't that bad.

IF I had to wager a bet it might have been people catching up on their last day of metered bandwidth.
chuck02

chuck02 to Cyborg994

to Cyborg994
xgmranti: I hope you're right and it doesn't happen every night like back in August.

Cyborg994: I rarely have troubles at 1am. Slowdowns are during peak times (usually between 8pm and midnight) and it's a major inconvenience for people trying to use streaming apps like Netflix. Yesterday we weren't able to watch 480p streaming with a 30Mbits connection during this time.

Also, the speedtest don't really do "justice" to the actual slowdowns. If you look at the graph during the test, it goes up and down the whole time and the final speed is the average. It's impossible to stream anything with a 4Mbits "average" speed.

Yesterday, we watched a movie on Netflix using a bridged 3G connection from my cellphone.

That's how bad it was.
pldube
canada

pldube

still no feedback from TSI ... nice

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to pldube

Premium Member

to pldube
Sorry for the delay in this reply. I was looking to see if we had more reports of this or if there was anything being worked on that would be causing these slow speeds. From what I found out is that there was only one master ticket open in Bromont area about evening slow speeds. When we contacted Videotron about the issue they looked around the customer's neighborhood and noticed many slow speed issues. We are waiting on an update from them for that specific case.

What I would recommend, if not done already, is to post in the direct forum »/forum ··· avdirect with your account information so that we can look further into this for you as this should not be happening with the recent upgrade. It may turn out to be something like the Bromont issue since by the look in this thread it is only in some areas and not all.

Thank you,
TSI Jonathan
TSI Jonathan

TSI Jonathan to pldube

Premium Member

to pldube
We are also looking into links on our end.

Thank you,
TSI Jonathan
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

Looks like some news...hopefully it gets resolved quickly for QC customers. »Quebec Cable - Slow Speeds (vCable)
chuck02

chuck02 to TSI Jonathan

to TSI Jonathan
Thank you for looking into this Jonathan.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

No problem, there's also TSI Andre's post which provides more updates as to what is coming down the pipe shortly.

»Quebec Cable - Slow Speeds (vCable)

Cheers,
TSI Jonathan

Reboot123
Montreal, QC

Reboot123 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Started to get a bit slower today and my ping used to be around 15-20 and now its 35 (Montreal city).
Hemish
Riviere-Du-Loup, QC

Hemish to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Started to get slow on my end too. Days after I updated my review after waiting 2 months to make sure the speeds were holding off.

I hate Teksavvy handled these things since I'm a new member. How come nobody sees they're signing up way too many people for the last upgrade and they only ask Videotron for the upgrade when it's too late. Videotron will take its time again.

kilou
@teksavvy.com

kilou

Anon

speeds are still very variable for me as well..

paying for 30 down/ 3 up ... and even when I get it, surfing is atrocious at night

Gatineau QC resident, and my friends on the service are having the same issue...

kilou_
@teksavvy.com

kilou_

Anon

Barely getting 1 meg tonight... Any news for an eta on a the link upgrade?
Hemish
Riviere-Du-Loup, QC

Hemish

Check out this thread : »Quebec Cable - Slow Speeds (vCable)

TSI Marc has some rough ETA in there.