Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

unis7817

join:2012-06-29

After Speedstream 6520 modem update cannot access web gui

Speedstream modem update
Hi All,

I have a speedstream 6520 modem and i updated its firmware from 004-E752-A64 to 004-E752-AA4 (Build: 91-78) using web gui. I downloaded this firmware from some website hoping to enable PPPoE for IP on my modem. I did not get any success message from the modem during the update and eventually i was not able to get my modem to work.

I managed to enable much of the configurations using telnet and the modem seems to be in (somewhat) working condition, but my web gui is not working.

My default gateway is 192.168.254.254 which I am using for telnet also, but when i put it in the browser, i get "in progress". I have tried all kinds of reset 30/30/30 and ... the likes that i could find on internet, but it doesn't seem to help. Everytime i try to access web gui, i get "in progress" the title of the browser "speedstream modem update". Looks like it has frozen in time or something.

Is there anyway i can get my web gui to work again. It is pain in neck having to configure modem through telnet especially since i am not good at it. Much of the configurations i have learnt from different posts on internet, and few with hit and trials.

Forgot to mention, that I have WiMAX CPE to which I am connecting this modem and was hoping to have PPPoE established. My WiMAX CPE does not support WiFi.

Appreciate if anyone could help me get the modem web gui working.

BR,

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

It looks like the executable file did not finish properly. Have you reset the modem (the reset button is recessed and delicate, don't push too hard) and tried running the update a second time?

Also I'm not sure the file you are using is an update, going by the numbers it looks to be an older firmware than your modem came with.

• AA4 = older alphanumerically.
• A64 = newer alphanumerically.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

unis7817

I did reset many a times, and honestly i had no idea whether the one I am having is already latest or not.

So, is there a way I can get my web gui to work.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

Did you run the executable installer again though? You did not say yes or no.

If that doesn't correct the issues you will need to look for another updater that is actually newer and for your hardware.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

unis7817

Forgot to mention, I had actually the firmware image that I updated through web gui when I was updating. I tried tftp to install that image again, but didn't work.

I downloaded two firmware updates (executables) after I screwed my modem and they refused to update the firmware on my modem. One is stuck with initialization and the other keeps searching for the device.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

It sounds like that you may have to add a serial port (requires soldering) to see if you can recover the unit otherwise I've never seen one displaying "In progress...." when accessing the web interface.
--

unis7817

So, I have to live with whatever I have in my modem at the moment?

thats bad.