uniqs
share rss forum feed

dan1431

join:2007-05-10
Boca Raton, FL

[Signals] Evaluate Signal Levels Please

Click for full size
Hi All!

This website has been immensely helpful to me over the years and today I wanted the communities input on my signal levels.

After perusing many threads on signal levels, etc. I noticed that my Upstream Power Level might be too high (even though I am not experiencing any drop-out nor decreases in speed).

If It matter about 6 months ago I was running near 0 on the downstream Power Level and probably nearer 45ish on the upstream power level. That is also when COMCAST installed a device down the street from me and that is when things changed.

Thanks,
Dan

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA

»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »What should my Signal Levels be?
--
»www.VAJeeps.com

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network
reply to dan1431

I ran at 55-57 for a long time without any issues either. But where I saw a problem was that I wasn't getting upstream bonded channels as those around me were. Once I took care of the upstream power level, I got instant bonded channels on reboot.
--
So it is a tax! Now what do you say, you lying sack of crap?

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:9
reply to dan1431

said by dan1431:

If It matter about 6 months ago I was running near 0 on the downstream Power Level and probably nearer 45ish on the upstream power level. That is also when COMCAST installed a device down the street from me and that is when things changed.

Perhaps you should call this in.