spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ray2
join:2004-01-15
Des Plaines, IL

ray2

how to fix our routor bloat

hi if go to »www.grc.com/securitynow.htm look for topic on Coddling Our Buffers look for that will tell how to fix our routor bloat hope wowway dose thsi to our wireless/cable modem to fix the routor bloat thay have soho has this problem also even if its rented from wowway hope thay will add this right a way to get the bloat our of wowway wireless/cable modem and phone combo right a way if wowway read this please do thsi so it fixes our bloat in wireless/modem/phone combo and take blaot out
ray2

ray2

ok going to try to change RTS Threshold
Fragment Threshold as test to see if fixed bloat like the link i gave you taks about i hope wowway_dan can look at thsi and see if work if dose them hope can inply thsi to other on wowway network
as far as what i can do to change it and what open to me
ray2

ray2

the change o made to the change RTS Threshold
Fragment Threshold on wireless side did take the bloat down if wowway_dan reading thswi im trying to help you figer out how to stop router bloat i want to help you see what work from what i know and the setting i used works great here my speed test with new setting i made Download Speed: 55.583 Mbps (55583 kb/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 5.129 Mbps (5129 kb/sec transfer rate)
Friday, June 29, 2012 1:05:18 PM if wowway_dan thsi is not a conplaint but to help wowway out stop routor bloat

aes128
join:2003-12-19
Warren, MI

1 edit

aes128

I have to say that your posts are almost impossible to follow and I understand you have said you have issues posting stuff.

However I have run the tests Gibson recommended on my WOW connection and I have ZERO issues. My connection is almost perfect as to the ISCI Netalyzer that Gibson wanted us to run. So my wow connection has none of the issues you believe you have.

I pay for 30/3 speed and get that about 99.9% of the time.

I also have to say that while I like Steve Gibson, as someone who works in large Fortune 50 company, Mr. Gibson often does not have a clue how enterprise IT works. He works in a small company and has no access to routers/firewalls that cost 10s of thousands of dollars. I do and sometimes what he says is just not correct. However in general he is spot on.
ray2
join:2004-01-15
Des Plaines, IL

ray2

ok thanks might be with the wireless n in new modem wowway had for 30 and 50 megs