Premium
join:2000-11-02
Farmingville, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to sonofdragon

Re: Triple play upgrade pricing

said by sonofdragon:

I reported the closed caption problem yesterday and Optimum CSR just blamed TiVo for the BBC America HD closed caption problem

Not sure if you realized, but there is a notice on the back of your bill on who to contact regarding closed captioning issues.. Not sure if you spoke to a regular CSR or if you used the info from the back of the bill

sonofdragon
Premium
join:2012-06-28
Newark, NJ

said by RickNY:

said by sonofdragon:

I reported the closed caption problem yesterday and Optimum CSR just blamed TiVo for the BBC America HD closed caption problem

Not sure if you realized, but there is a notice on the back of your bill on who to contact regarding closed captioning issues.. Not sure if you spoke to a regular CSR or if you used the info from the back of the bill

I called that number 888-420-0777 yesterday and today to solve the closed caption problem with BBC America HD. Each time, the CSRs blamed the TiVo. They mentioned I should contact TiVo CSR to solve it. Does anyone have a closed caption problem with BBC America HD?

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1

Just tuned in on my 8300HD and no problem with CC on BBC America HD. HD Closed Captioning is handled by the box, where SD is by the TV, so what they say is definitely plausible.

RickNY
Premium
Farmingville, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to sonofdragon

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
said by sonofdragon:

Does anyone have a closed caption problem with BBC America HD?

I can tell you this -- my Tivo seems to mangle the CC on BBCA-HD on shows where its available.

Fox Business HD does CC fine... As you can see, the CC returned by the Tivo doesn't make much sense... It may indeed be a Tivo issue.

Rick

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

I'm trying to get an example of Battlestar Galactica CC to test the same program giving you problems, but they haven't said a word in the past 2 minutes. Will edit shortly.

Commercial is doing fine.

edit: Regular program is also fine.

RickNY
Premium
Farmingville, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to RickNY

Click for full size
Click for full size
Definitely a difference between SD and HD on my Tivo.. Top is SD bottom is HD

sonofdragon
Premium
Newark, NJ

I have the same BBC America HD closed caption problem as RickNY. Thank you for showing it. I thought I'm the only one who has that problem.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to RickNY

Which model TiVo is that?

sonofdragon
Premium
Newark, NJ

said by Jackarino:

Mine is TiVo Premiere Elite.

RickNY
Premium
Farmingville, NY
reply to Jackarino

said by Jackarino:

Tivo Premiere

RickNY
Premium
Farmingville, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

3 edits
reply to sonofdragon

Click for full size
Click for full size
Think I found the solution to your problem...

Based on info from here:
»www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sh···t=486848

Turn "Digital Captions" to "None" (Settings..Displays...Closed Captioning)

Leave "Analog Captions" alone..

Actually -- I found the opposite to be true -- turning "Analog Captions" to "NONE" and leaving "Digital Captions" at DTVCC1 worked.. My suggestion is to experiment with both settings and see what works best for you -- I do not use captioning on a regular basis, but it seems obvious that you do -- so you would be the better judge to see which combination of settings works best.

Tivo also has an info page on garbled captioning here: »support.tivo.com/app/answers/det···#garbled They suggest the settings in my crossed out section to see if it fixes the problem.

Hope that helps..
Rick

sonofdragon
Premium
Newark, NJ

1 edit

Thank you very much, Rick. It solves the closed caption problem for BBC America HD. Prior to this, I followed the directions from tivocommunity and turned off the digital closed caption, it works for every channel except BBC America HD.