Search similar:

uniqs

btB
@rr.com

btB

Anon

Official 2012 CFL Thread

Season starts today June 29, 2012.

TV broadcasts in Canada are on TSN. TV broadcasts in the U.S. has not been announced yet as the NFL Network will no longer be involved with the league. A U.S. broadcast will be announced later, but games are not expected to begin airing until September.

Online-wise, all games will be streamed live in the U.S. via ESPN3. ESPN3 is available to those subscribers whose ISP have a deal with ESPN. A replay of all CFL games without commercials can be seen by anyone regardless of location on TSN's website shortly after games end.

Hopefully, this will be a great season with lots of close games and exciting finishes. Reason for wanting this (other than enjoyment) is that this is the Grey Cup's 100th Anniversary. Plus their TV contract is up soon, so having more viewers can bring in a little more money when the league does sign a new deal.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

All the Press back here and so many of the fans figure the Lions will
be the class of the league this year. I hate it when that happens!
We'll most likely end up 2 and 14. :-(

FaxCap
FaxCap

FaxCap to btB

to btB
BC Lions 33 Winnipeg Blue Bombers 16

Geroy Simon becomes the all-time leading receiver.

»www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=399585

FaxCap

btB
@rr.com

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
I think the only way the Lions end up with 14 losses this year is if Lulay is injured early & lost for the season.

In game 1, Rider's offense look great. Who knows? Maybe it was just because of who their opponent was. That explosive Ti-Cat offense (on paper) simply was not evident tonight.

In game 2, the Bombers clearly stuggled on offense because of who they were playing. This is only game #1, and Pierce could not even make it to the 2nd half.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to btB

Premium Member

to btB
The Lions will probably go undefeated and get another Grey Cup.
Travis Lulay will throw for 50 TDs and get offered a Contract to play for the NE Patriots.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to btB

Premium Member

to btB
Yup great start to defend their title.............Lulay looks even more confident and Simon breaks the record.

New head coach gets his first CFL win too.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to btB

Premium Member

to btB
Toronto will need to figure themselves out if they wanna be in the Grey Cup. Speaking of which, the event is sold out already...not a real surprise, it's going to be a major event.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Great seeing Mike Benevides' interaction with his players. It looks like
the players REALLY like the guy.

FaxCap

btB
@rr.com

btB to J E F F4

Anon

to J E F F4
That Toronto game came down to the wire, so it was close. Too bad I felt like I was watching a preseason game. If anybody is counting that would make it 3 for the West and 0 for the East.
btB

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
Although I was not sure on Friday what kind of team Hamilton is, it is obvious that the Als are continuing to play like they did at the end of last year: bad. Not just one part of the team either. Stamps pretty much did whatever they wanted. Even plays that were not perfectly executed resulted in decent gains.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to btB

Premium Member

to btB
West 4 ....East zip...........so far this season.

capdjq
Premium Member
Vancouver

capdjq to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Great seeing Mike Benevides' interaction with his players. It looks like
the players REALLY like the guy.

FaxCap

Wally Buono was tough Coach and very dour. Still he was the winnigest Coach in the CFL.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

That's cause he had some of the very best players playing,wherever he went.

I probably could have won with those teams.

He also cost B.C. 2 Grey Cups with his idiotic coaching style ...........leaving QBs in there to die.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to btB

to btB
So much for the Vancouver Press saying the Lions could go 16-0.
They are losing to Hamilton 14-7 right now. Still lots of time left.

FaxCap

btB
@rr.com

btB

Anon

In game 1, it was Calvillo and Whitaker who had big games for the Als while Chris Matthews and Demond Washington played well for the Bombers. I think this means something, but it is still way too early in the year to conclusively say what that is.

In game 2, even though the final score would say otherwise, I would not say this was a close game. Lions pretty much played like they are defending champions, while the Ti-Cats (especially on defense) are just not there yet.

When Burris was pulled in the 2nd quarter, I thought for a moment that he was playing for the Stamps again.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

BC Lions held on to defeat the Hamilton Tiger-Cats 39-36

Great game with the Tiger Cats falling short...........but B.C. has some new exciting players that can break a game open.

They just look like a confident team.

Hamilton should be a force when Burris starts to learn his new team,but their coach sure doesn't inspire any confidence..........he looks lost out there.

capdjq
Premium Member
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

For a 55,000 Stadium the attendence has been poor. The opening game had only 29000 considering the Geroy hype. Last night had only 22,000. Ofcourse Hamilton is not really a draw.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

said by capdjq:

For a 55,000 Stadium the attendence has been poor. The opening game had only 29000 considering the Geroy hype. Last night had only 22,000. Ofcourse Hamilton is not really a draw.

It was 25,109 last night.

FaxCap

btB
@rr.com

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
Today's final score is exactly the same as yesterday's Lions/Ti-Cats game, but this one was much more exciting. Stamps came all the way back to tie the score twice late in the game which you would not expect considering that Kevin Glenn had 3 turnovers. Reason the Stamps made a game of it was that Larry Taylor was returning almost every kick for around 40 yards each which included a 125yd missed field goal return for a TD. Looks like Drew Tate might be gone for at least a few weeks. Not sure exactly what his injury is, but it could be a separated shoulder.
btB

btB

Anon

It is the 2nd week in a row that the Eskimos seemed like they were in a preseason game. Are the Rider's defense that good, or are the Eskimo's offense just bad. All I know is that Jyles was benched twice and when Joseph came in, the offense was even worse.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to btB

Premium Member

to btB
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Waiting for Atlantic Canadian franchise ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

btB
@rr.com

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
Wow, what a crazy ending to the Als-Stamps game. Stamps should have won the game easily because their lines are simply better than the Als. Kevin Glenn looked replaceable at the start, was hot in the 2nd half, and then threw a horrible pick in his own end as the Stamps were trying to run out the clock. This is not something you would expect from somebody with so much experience. On the other hand, Glenn did have some bad picks last year in Hamilton as well.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

Why oh why would you even THINK of throwing a pass in that situation???
Running the ball then punting if you were short would have left
Montreal with 60 seconds to try to score.

FaxCap

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Really especially on your own 30 yd line.............Hufnagel was furious.

NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to btB

to btB
Honestly I think after watching the Als / Cgy game that Anthony Callvio is a closet masochist.

I mean he was beaten on more than a rental car (you knew the Stamps would do everything just this side of legal to exploit his injured state) and he stayed in... Yikes

NefCanuck

capdjq
Premium Member
Vancouver

capdjq to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

Why oh why would you even THINK of throwing a pass in that situation???
Running the ball then punting if you were short would have left
Montreal with 60 seconds to try to score.

FaxCap

To those that say Dickenson called a play on the interception... the QB had no sight line and was being rushed in his throw... bad possession mangement on his part... the right play was called and if the QB was worth his veteran status he would have thrown that ball 10 seats deep into the stands and reloaded and won the game.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to btB

Premium Member

to btB
For all the Lions and Rider fans..........be aware the game starts at noon tomorrow.

Dumb time.

btB
@rr.com

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
If the only thing you knew was that the Bombers spotted the Eskimos 35 points before halftime, then you would likely guess the following and would have been correct:

-Pierce knocked out before the end of the 1st quarter.
-Brink knocked out later in the game
-2nd half scuffle resulting in multiple players being ejected.
-Jyles still not looking impressive with his missed passes and 3 turnovers.

capdjq
Premium Member
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

At least the Eskimos showed they can score points considering they only scored 1 against Sask. last week.

btB
@rr.com

btB

Anon

True but just like the Stamps on Thursday, you could say the Bombers basically handed the Eskimos the game. Personally, I think the jury is still out on whether Jyles will still be the unquestioned #1 qb the rest of this season.