Search similar:

uniqs

btB
@rr.com

btB to btB

Anon

to btB

Re: Official 2012 CFL Thread

Ti-Cats self destruct once again. Burris himself had 4 turnovers. Whole team had trouble handling the ball. Defense also gave up 300 yards passing + a win to Joseph who previously lost his last 9 starts. Eskimos had lost their last 5. Early candidate for player of the week is Stamps who had 200 yards receiving.
btB

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
Lions were able to get net yardage on almost play, while their defense stopped for Stamps offense for most of the game. Yet, the Stamps still had an outside chance at the end.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

Except for the close score the Lions dominated the game. Harris outran Calgary's , Jon Cornish, and Lulay outplayed Calgary quarterback Kevin Glenn. B.C.'s defence was outstanding, as total yardage after three quarters was 355-153 for the Lions.
It looks like this year's Grey Cup will be a yawner. If the Lion's can get out of the West there is no Eastern Team to be reckoned with. There is no parity in the CFL.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

WTF is with these asshole refs........30 flags in a row?

Get the NFL replacements here.............they can probably do a better job...........it ruins the game.

btB
@rr.com

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
Didn't I just say a couple a days ago that the Ti-Cats self destucted? Well in game 1 on Thanksgiving day, the Als matched that. Lots of turnovers with the team having trouble holding on to the ball. Bad defense giving up 300 yards to Elliott and losing to a team who did not have a road win this year before today. No need to single out an individual for offensive player of the week as the Bombers as a team probably put up over 400 yards.
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned)

The conspiracy theorist in me feels like the Als are well dialed into the supposed plan to have the Argos appear in the 100th Grey Cup game.

What a fucking farce that game was.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to btB

Premium Member

to btB
And the Sask game later was taken over by the bloody refs again!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't the commish even look at these games..........the refs are throwing 40/50 flags every game.

btB
@rr.com

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
Okay, I just watched game 2 . Argos did not look so good. But then again, the teams they have to beat to get to the Grey Cup are not playing that well either.

Anyway, this game was pretty much over after the first possession. Their weak offense (especially with Jackson) was simply no match against the Riders defense. Plus there was a mismatch on special teams as the Argos were forced to use a backup punter and with the Riders reducing Owens to being almost a non-factor. Argo's defense did what it could but it seemed like they were never off the field for more than a minute.
IamGimli (banned)
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

And the Sask game later was taken over by the bloody refs again!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't the commish even look at these games..........the refs are throwing 40/50 flags every game.

Who cares about the number of flags if there are infractions?

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

quote:
Do you even watch the games?

The BC game had close to 15 flags in a row for phantom calls by the blind refs..............they seem to think people pay to watch them.

They're the worse refs of any league I've seen.
IamGimli (banned)
Canada

3 edits

IamGimli (banned)

said by ZZZZZZZ:

quote:

Not all of them, no, but then again this is the first time you've ever made a comment about the QUALITY of the calls, versus their QUANTITY.

All unsubstantiated no less.

BTW, to disprove your claim that there's 40/50 flags thrown every game (from last week only):

HAM-EDM: 21 flags
CAL-BC: 26 flags
WPG-MTL: 16 flags
SSK-TOR: 27 flags

The week before?

MTL-HAM: 13 flags
EDM-CAL: 27 flags
TOR-WPG: 25 flags
BC-SSK: 15 flags

Do YOU even watch the games?

How does that compare to weeks 14 and 15 last year?

MTL-WPG: 34
EDM-BC: 28
SSK-CAL: 14
HAM-TOR: 20

WPG-HAM: 21
CAL-BC: 16
TOR-MTL: 15
SSK-EDM: 19

Not much difference between last year and this year now is there? Over 8 games at the same point in the season that's a difference of 3 penalties. Not per game, TOTAL.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs

said by IamGimli:

said by ZZZZZZZ:

quote:

Not all of them, no, but then again this is the first time you've ever made a comment about the QUALITY of the calls, versus their QUANTITY.

All unsubstantiated no less.

BTW, to disprove your claim that there's 40/50 flags thrown every game (from last week only):

HAM-EDM: 21 flags
CAL-BC: 26 flags
WPG-MTL: 16 flags
SSK-TOR: 27 flags

The week before?

MTL-HAM: 13 flags
EDM-CAL: 27 flags
TOR-WPG: 25 flags
BC-SSK: 15 flags

Do YOU even watch the games?

How does that compare to weeks 14 and 15 last year?

MTL-WPG: 34
EDM-BC: 28
SSK-CAL: 14
HAM-TOR: 20

WPG-HAM: 21
CAL-BC: 16
TOR-MTL: 15
SSK-EDM: 19

Not much difference between last year and this year now is there?

Ouch gimli. He watches only when he is not high. He is never fan of the Facts or truth.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to btB

Premium Member

to btB
Lulay is turning into the MVP of the league with his performances.....Lions are killing the Tiger-Cats 34-11 tonight.

26 games in a row with a TD pass.

btB
@rr.com

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
Geez, 2nd game in a row where I thought the outcome was already decided after the 1st series. Not like I was shocked that this would happen though.

Saw the "13th Man" documentary. Riders had a special block team for field goals attempts. To the one person who was on the other field goal defensive unit, it was not communicated properly to him that he should not have been there.

Right after the 2009 Grey Cup, everybody was saying how the Riders could not count. Kavis Reed said he knew about the extra man right away. Unfortunately they had no timeout, and the crowd was too loud for the players to hear him. He says maybe Armstead (the returner who ran late into the end zone) also knew.

Also mentioned was that the whole team was crying after the game. Durant said he and Fantuz went to the training room and cried for 20 minutes.

While the documentary is a good story, the story seems to imply that the Riders keep trying year after year but never win the Grey Cup. For instance, they keep mentioning McCallum's missed 18th yard field goal attempt in the 2004 West Finals. Problem is the Riders had won the Grey Cup in 2007. So if you just won it 2 years before this, how am I supposed to feel any sympathy for you?

capdjq
Premium Member
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

The BC Lions laid a whipping on the Blue Bombers. Its becoming that the Lions are like bullies in the CFL. The only time they lose is if they become bored playing against poor opponents.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

said by capdjq:

The BC Lions laid a whipping on the Blue Bombers.

Blue Bombers? They played the Tiger-Cats last night.

FaxCap

btB
@rr.com

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
In game 1 just like the previous 2 CFL games, the game was decided early. Though the difference in the scoreboard was not that much & the fact the Bombers had a chance to drive for a tying score at the end, I doubt if anybody gave the Bombers much of a chance as they turned the ball over 8 times today. Bombers literally gave up at the end of the game as they took a knee instead of attempting to move the ball downfield.

In game 2, Joseph played surprising well. Much better than Jyles ever did this year. Okay, the Eskimos did benefit from some penalties called against the Riders. Plus the Riders also like they did not have enough rest from playing last Monday as the team for the most part looked lackluster.

capdjq
Premium Member
Vancouver

capdjq to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
said by FaxCap:

said by capdjq:

The BC Lions laid a whipping on the Blue Bombers.

Blue Bombers? They played the Tiger-Cats last night.

FaxCap

Sorry, my bad. Dunno why I had Blue Bombers on my mind.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

said by capdjq:

Sorry, my bad. Dunno why I had Blue Bombers on my mind.

Had you smoked a "bomber"?

FaxCap

btB
@rr.com

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
Ugly game today unless you call ineffective offenses pretty. Momentum for the game turned to the Als side after a dropped pass on a fake punt attempt. So the win today means the Als are now in the best position to win the East. However, it is debatable whether they are even a credible opponent if they were to face the Lions for the Grey Cup.

capdjq
Premium Member
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

With the Grey Cup being held in Toronto it will be better for the Game if the Argos won the East. Plus it's more fun, if BC makes it, beating Toronto. I've got no quarrel with France.

btB
@rr.com

btB to btB

Anon

to btB
Just watched the Chuck Ealey piece. To be honest, I was not familiar with him because he did not play for a big-time program in college. Good story. Even saw former Montreal Expo Al Oliver doing some preaching.

One point I am not sure is entirely accurate is that the NFL teams were against having a black quarterback. They use the example of Joe Gilliam. Granted I could be wrong, but I thought Gilliam did not succeed because he had a substance issue. Plus for whatever reason, people forget that James Harris was already in the league at the time. In fact a couple of years later, he would lead the Los Angeles Rams to the NFC Championship game.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to btB

Premium Member

to btB
Lulay isn't playing tonight against the Esks,so it'll be interesting to see how the team plays.

Missing ,Lulay,Bruce,Simon .

btB
@rr.com

btB

Anon

After that ugly game on Sunday, today's game 1 was an offensive shootout. You would not think so with the Bombers and Argos, but it was. Maybe the Argo defense was tired as the Bombers just had their way with them tonight. Lots of big hits in the game as well as you would expect anytime Pierce is in there. Bombers have now won their 2nd road game off the year and still have an outside chance to get to the playoffs.

Speaking of having their way, that is exactly what happened to the Lion defense against the Eskimos in game 2. The Eskimo offensive line got their asses kicked on almost every play. So even though the game was tied in the middle of the 4th quarter, I never expected the Eskimos to actually win. Offensive production from the Lions did not drop much at all with Lulay not in there.

capdjq
Premium Member
Vancouver

capdjq to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Lulay isn't playing tonight against the Esks,so it'll be interesting to see how the team plays.

Missing ,Lulay,Bruce,Simon .

39-19 that's how we played. Mike Reilly wasn't brilliant but in this league its enough.Hate to say this but the CFL has no parity this year. Thus far it appears theres the Lions, then all the rest. After watching the tough hard fought NFL thursday game (Seattle and SF) this was a let down.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to btB

to btB
Man oh man Mike Reilly has a rifle for an arm! We'll lose him to
Ottawa in the expansion draft I fear.

FaxCap

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Does he ever have an arm..........he's going to be a great QB with somebody...........hopefully he stays with the Lions.

Always nice to have a decent backup.............I just hope the Lions don't get too complacent now that they've got home field advantage in the playoffs.

Toronto imploded again with turnovers,the East isn't looking very competitive at all.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ to btB

Premium Member

to btB
Barnburner in the snow in Calgary.............Tigercats get an onside kick with 50 seconds left and are trying to win it with a FG.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Wow,they blow it ............:)

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to btB

MVM

to btB
Its the CFL, it ain't over till its over.