share rss forum feed

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to btB

Re: Official 2012 CFL Thread

Typical CFL ending with the Esks blowing a FG to win it.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to btB

Ok so the real season starts next weekend..........Lions look alright,with Lulay back,but watching his 2 backups last night,gives me some confidence,too.

They both have rifles for arms,probably even stronger than Lulay himself...........hope Cal and Sask kill each other .
--

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Finally watched both games from yesterday.

Game one was expected in that there was almost no offense by both sides. In my opinion, McPherson is just not a starting CFL quarterback. Guy is supposed to be a good runner, but he gets sacked easily. He also thinks that he is Calvillo in that he has to get out of the pocket in 3 seconds. Thus, he is not even a threat to throw the ball down field because he will not wait for the receiver to get open. So when you have happy-feet and teams do not respect you as a passer, your ability to run diminishes. Even if the above issues were resolved, I don't like the trajectory of his passes. Yeah, he can drill one into traffic. But you cannot throw frozen ropes on every attempt.

In game two, there was not much scoring there either as you would expect for the last game of the year. About the only thing interesting was that the Riders had almost zero offensive net yards in the 1st quarter.

I see Tillman was fired from Edmonton. I realize people are still angry over the Ray trade, but who knows? Nichols might put up some numbers in the playoffs and be the future. Even if he is not the future, it is not that much of a stretch if Edmonton were to somehow come out of the East.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to btB

Wow,brutal coverage in the Sask/Cal game..............terrible.

Cal comes back and scores on a 68 yd romp with 30 secs left.

Only in the CFL.
--

Kitlope

join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab
reply to btB

Welp, Nichols is out. Glad Tillman is gone.

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to btB

Just another game in Calgary where no one was leaving until the Fat Lady finished singing, just in case. We like to make sure fans get their full 60 minutes worth of enjoyment from Stampeder games. Nothing can touch the CFL for an emotional roller coaster ride. And hey all you stubble jumpers, thanks for being the fans you are as its always fun having you in Calgary (not to mention that watermelon sales sky rocket).

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Guess I was wrong in thinking that the Argo's 1st string could not score 40. Eskimos actually looked good after the 1st drive and afterwards until the end of the 1st quarter. Then, Boyd fumbled away the ball and when the damaged was done, the Argos had 31 points in the 2nd. That injury on Nichols as he was sacked looked bad. Hope he is can comeback 100% healthy next year.

Second game was great. Just when you thought the game was going to go one way, something would happen that would turn things around 180 degrees: the high snap on the conversion, the fumble after a long gain, and the touchdown with under 2 minutes left. Hard to imagine if any of the future playoff games will be better than this one. One reason for this is that I think the jury is still out on Tate, and that is not ideal when you play the defending champs next week on the road.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

I just watched some postgame highlights and Tate says he seriously cannot remember the 1st half. I thought he was joking about this when asked at the start of the 3rd. So much for the CFL Concussion Protocol. Now that I think about it. I did wonder at the time why no member of the training staff even came onto the field after he was hit helmet-to-helmet. This of course brings into question whether Tate will play next week.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to btB

Holy crap a playoff game victory in Toronto? Hell hath freezeth over or what?

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

said by HiVolt:

Holy crap a playoff game victory in Toronto? Hell hath freezeth over or what?

No, Hell only freezes over if the Boatmen can sink the Als,

That happens and I'm ordering studs for my winter tires cause yeah, hell just froze over *real* good

NefCanuck

btB

@rr.com

It is not as though the Als have breezed easily against the Argos this year. Argos have a shot as Als are closer to smoke & mirrors than contenders.

July 13 - Argos win in Montreal. Ray plays the whole game.
Sept 23 - Als win in Montreal. Ray leaves the game in the 1st quarter when his own center rolls on his leg.
Oct 14 - Als win in Toronto. Ray is still injured and does not even play.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

said by btB :

It is not as though the Als have breezed easily against the Argos this year. Argos have a shot as Als are closer to smoke & mirrors than contenders.

July 13 - Argos win in Montreal. Ray plays the whole game.
Sept 23 - Als win in Montreal. Ray leaves the game in the 1st quarter when his own center rolls on his leg.
Oct 14 - Als win in Toronto. Ray is still injured and does not even play.

I'm not saying that the Argos can't win at all, but Calvillo, as creaky as he has looked at times, I think would like nothing better than to beat Toronto and then win the Grey Cup.

Following which, if he's smart, he walks off into the sunset (while he can still walk, he's taken some mighty big hits this season)

NefCanuck

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Tomorrow is the East & West finals. Anybody here want to demonstrate their prognostication skills and predict a underdog/road team victory? I would think that the Argos have a better chance than the Stamps in getting the road win. Will either happen? We shall find out.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to btB

Als with a goal line stand hold on to the lead 10-4.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Wow,Argos go up 24-17 early in the 3rd.

Wild game.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Insane back and forth..........Argos still up.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

What a way to finish.........a receiver in the end zone and the ball bounces off his chest.

Lions are really lucky to be only down by 1 point in the half.........they better wake up.
--

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

The Lions are in trouble. Go stamps!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Where the hell is the secondary........crap.
--

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Well, i dont really follow the CFL, but good for the Argos, especially that the grey cup is in Toronto...

It would be nice to win it at home, god knows the city needs some kind of championship even if it is the CFL.

g121
MrGee

join:2004-05-28
Toronto
reply to ZZZZZZZ

AARRRGGGGOOOOOOOs !! .. ) ..

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to btB

I think its going to be a heck of a party in Toronto, complete with lots of horses.

Blake

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Brutal.......Lions worst game in 2 years and it has to be the Western Final.

Guess I'll be missing the Grey Cup.............I hate both teams.
--

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to btB

Click for full size
Click for full size

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to btB

The Lions seemed pretty rusty out there today. I was a bit worried about that. It had been over a month since Lulay really played in a game (The Sask. game a few weeks ago he only played in part).

The last real game they had played was the week before the sask win. The game vs. the riders was pretty bad. Neither team was really trying.

Calgary had the eye of the tiger, BC didn't.

I think I'll root for the Argos next week. I lived in Edmonton for a while and I'd get a kick out of Ray winning the cup the year after they got rid of him.

I think Calgary will win it though. They have a pretty solid team.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

I gave you guys a chance, but nobody wanted to pick the road teams.

Smoke & Mirrors couldn't pull it off for the Als in game 1. Typical Als home game where they get a early lead. This time the Als constant blitzing did not bother Ray as Reinbold thought he was still facing Joseph or Jackson. All the Argos did was throw one misdirection after another to pile up yardage. Calvillo's inability to scramble or run & his unwillingness to take a hit pretty much means the Al's offense cannot hurt you on every play. Even though Calvillo's final pass attempt with the Als down 7 hit Bratton on the letters in the endzone, it just might be time for him to call it a career or at least a change at the starting quarterback position. Maybe Calvillo can win the Grey Cup again if the Al's defense miraculously improves and their special teams can change the field position. Otherwise as-is, the Als are not contenders. Just like I said after the 1st game of the year between the two: The Als could not even squeak out a win at home.

This did not look like the Lion team of this year. Usually, they just move the ball with ease. Today, they did not even get a touchdown until a minute left in the game. That defense that roughed up everybody this year blew pass coverage multiple times and got burned. Stamps just looked like they were still in playoff mode after the big win last week. Lions looked like they were still in warm-ups. It would not surprise me if both Simon and Bruce are not there next year. Lions also have to figure out what to do about Bighill and Eliminian. Anyway, you gotta feel good about Kevin Glenn getting to the Grey Cup after he missed out on his chance in 2007.

I'm hoping for a great game next week.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie
reply to ZZZZZZZ

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Brutal.......Lions worst game in 2 years and it has to be the Western Final.

Guess I'll be missing the Grey Cup.............I hate both teams.

Guess I'll go back to the NFL. I don't hate either team but I paid for my NFL Sunday Ticket.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Well at least 1 great thing happened at the game yesterday..........my buddy who was there won the 50/50 draw.

Lucky shit..............worth probably about $75 k.
--

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Yup. It was $75K. My dad was at the game and told me some guy from the interior won it. Not sure why he knew the location of the winner. They must have announced it somewhere.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Ya they always announce the amount and who won it at the hockey games.

You wonder why sometimes cause it must feel a little paranoid walking around after the games with that much $$$ on you.
--