Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to btB

Re: Official 2012 CFL Thread

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Waiting for Atlantic Canadian franchise ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Wow, what a crazy ending to the Als-Stamps game. Stamps should have won the game easily because their lines are simply better than the Als. Kevin Glenn looked replaceable at the start, was hot in the 2nd half, and then threw a horrible pick in his own end as the Stamps were trying to run out the clock. This is not something you would expect from somebody with so much experience. On the other hand, Glenn did have some bad picks last year in Hamilton as well.

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

Why oh why would you even THINK of throwing a pass in that situation???
Running the ball then punting if you were short would have left
Montreal with 60 seconds to try to score.

FaxCap

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

Really especially on your own 30 yd line.............Hufnagel was furious.

--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to btB

Honestly I think after watching the Als / Cgy game that Anthony Callvio is a closet masochist.

I mean he was beaten on more than a rental car (you knew the Stamps would do everything just this side of legal to exploit his injured state) and he stayed in... Yikes

NefCanuck

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to FaxCap

said by FaxCap:

Why oh why would you even THINK of throwing a pass in that situation???
Running the ball then punting if you were short would have left
Montreal with 60 seconds to try to score.

FaxCap

To those that say Dickenson called a play on the interception... the QB had no sight line and was being rushed in his throw... bad possession mangement on his part... the right play was called and if the QB was worth his veteran status he would have thrown that ball 10 seats deep into the stands and reloaded and won the game.
--
A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything he says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to btB

For all the Lions and Rider fans..........be aware the game starts at noon tomorrow.

Dumb time.
--

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

If the only thing you knew was that the Bombers spotted the Eskimos 35 points before halftime, then you would likely guess the following and would have been correct:

-Pierce knocked out before the end of the 1st quarter.
-Brink knocked out later in the game
-2nd half scuffle resulting in multiple players being ejected.
-Jyles still not looking impressive with his missed passes and 3 turnovers.

capdjq
Premium
Vancouver

At least the Eskimos showed they can score points considering they only scored 1 against Sask. last week.

btB

@rr.com

True but just like the Stamps on Thursday, you could say the Bombers basically handed the Eskimos the game. Personally, I think the jury is still out on whether Jyles will still be the unquestioned #1 qb the rest of this season.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to btB

Lions and Riders tied at 13.............halftime.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Wow,McCalum misses 2 straight FGs and Sask just ran it back 100+ yds for a TD.

23-13 Riders.
--

btB

@rr.com

Guess we now know who is the best team in the CFL RIGHT NOW: It's the Rider Nation. Quarterback who is making plays. Almost no 2 & outs. Solid offensive line. Good running back. Receivers who can get open and catch the ball. No turnovers. Solid defense line. Tough to score on. They even jave a return game. Of course there are still 4 months remaining, so we have a long way to go yet.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Riders looked good but Lions lost the game themselves.

6pts blown on missed FGs and then they allow 129 TD runback on one of them.
--

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
reply to btB

So much for the Vancouver Press and their 16-0 call.
I knew that was the kiss of death!

FaxCap

btB

@rr.com
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Argos missed opportunities were worse than BC's. This is the 2nd week in a row where they allowed a missed field goal for a touchdown. I know they blamed Noel Prefontaine, but they just need faster people on the field goal unit. Maybe somebody speedier than holder Jarious Jackson would not hurt either.

Even though the Argos were down 21-0, I actually believed that they would take the lead at some point in the 2nd half. Maybe they would have if they could have taken better advantage of all the times they were in the red zone.

capdjq
Premium
Vancouver

Defense wins games. Sask were better. Lulay had the better stats but could not finish.
I must say the Roughrider fans are really enthusiastic. They are fun to watch. Although if I lived in Saskatchewan a Football game is like Christmas.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

It looks like Drew Tate has elected to take the surgery route on his shoulder. That means he will be gone for the year, which now puts Kevin Glenn as the likely starter for the rest of the season.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Argos looked like they ran out of gas in the 2nd half. Plus with 2 turnovers by Owens, things did not look good even though the score was still close. Luckily for them, the Bombers could not just give the ball to Simpson on every play. While Brink did have a couple big plays, he did end up missing about 13 of his last 14 attempts.

btB

@rr.com

Great game tonight.

At first, it looked like it was going to be a long night for the Stamps. They were committing so many penalties/mental mistakes. By the 4th quarter, they were down by 17 against a Rider team that has played the best ball so far this year in the CFL.

Gotta give Kevin Glenn credit as he took tons of criticism after last week's game. Tonight he had 4 touchdown passes, took hits as he was trying to scramble for the extra yard, and came back after being knocked out to lead his team to an overtime win.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

I switched it on when it was 35-18 and figured it was over with 7 minutes left.

What a wild ending..........2 Sask receivers had the game in their hands late and in OT,Getzlaf drops it in the end zone.........ouch.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to btB

Bloody Lions lose another through their own fault..........going in for a TD and Simon bobbles the ball...........Esks intercept and run 110 yds for a freaking td.
--

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Bloody Lions lose another through their own fault..........going in for a TD and Simon bobbles the ball...........Esks intercept and run 110 yds for a freaking td.

That whole play was crap from the moment the ball was snapped.
Geez, it was 1st down and goal.....RUN THE BALL FROM THERE!

FaxCap

btB

@rr.com
reply to ZZZZZZZ

I was surprised that the Eskimos were even in a position to win the game because their quarterbacking this year has not been the best.

It looks like the Eskimo wants to rely on their defense and special teams for field position. Then emphasize the run and short passes while keeping the longer passing attempts to a minimum. This also moves the clock which gives the other team's offense fewer chances. One could either look at this as saying that the Eskimo deep receivers were just not open, or that the coaching staff does not trust Jyles accuracy once you go too far down field.

btB

@rr.com

Just what the Ti-Cats needed. Their young speed versus the slow old guys who are not good on defense or special teams. Game was a route from almost the beginning and never in doubt.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Since all but 2 games so far have been won by the home team, it was reasonable to expect the Bombers to finally win a game since their first 4 games were on the road.

What was surprising was that the play that woke up the crowd was when their own punt got blocked but was recovered at advanced.

Eskimos actually were in a position to win the game. Jyles led them to within field goal range but fumbled the ball away as he tried to get a few extra yards.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

After the 1st quarter, you would have thought tonight's game was going to be in the the 40's for both teams. Whether it was better defense or worse offense, things slowed down dramatically afterwards. Home team Als could not even find a way to squeak out a win. That makes it 3 for the road teams this year.

capdjq
Premium
Vancouver

I hope the Argonauts make the Grey Cup finals, and, considering the state of the eastern Conference, they just might. Montreal is looking like a shadow of the past years.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Ya surprisingly it could be a tossup in both divisions this year........Als aren't playing very well and the West is a crapshoot.

Lions need a win tonight in Calgary.
--

btB

@rr.com
reply to capdjq

Argos would be my #2nd in the East. Ti-Cats would be my #1 right now.

This is the 2nd week in the row where I thought the Riders are on their way to showing that they are the best in the CFL. Yet, the same thing happens. They blow a big lead in the 4th quarter and lose the game. Hard to figure out how this happens for a second time in 2 weeks.