join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Official 2012 CFL Thread

said by ZZZZZZZ:

no idea how he's doing now?

The latest news item is 10 hours old.....no word on Ronnie Prude.
They did mention he could move his feet when asked. VERY good sign!

FaxCap

btB

@rr.com

Broadcast seemed to imply that is was for precautionary measures, so hopefully Prude will be fine. For the game itself, Jyles played well. Luckily for the Eskimos, the Riders used up lots of time running the ball. While that may sound like a benefit to the Riders, it actually helped the Eskimos because it reduced the chances of a high scoring game. Offensive did not even produce the clinching score as that was a fumble recovery by the defense.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

In a surprising move, the Argos have released league-leading rusher Cory Boyd. Is this for ratio purposes? Does not seem like it even though they could use help on the offensive line. Plus, Chad Kackert is an import as well and does not seem to be an improvement over Boyd. Maybe Barker has somebody else in mind for the starting running back.

btB

@rr.com

If not Kackert, maybe the Argos will move Durie to starting running back and put Maurice Mann at a receiver slot. I still think they need offensive line help though.

btB

@rr.com

After hearing Milanovich talk about the situation, I guess the primary reason for Boyd's release was his inability to pass block. Evidently the Eskimos are not concerned about that as they signed Boyd hours later. Kackert and somebody the Argos plan on signing will compete for the starting position.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Even though Joey Elliott had 400 yards passing, I would say the Ti-Cats gave it away more than the Bombers won the game. Six turnovers, 4 fumbles by Burris, fumble by Williams on a punt return, and a few drops by the Ti-Cat secondary that should have been interceptions. The game should have been over early, but too many mistakes kept Bombers in the game.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Als just roughed-up the Eskimos tonight. It seemed like almost every play, there was hurry, hit, or sack. Even when an Eskimo receiver caught the ball, he got hit as well. I think the Als were actually more interested in getting the big hit rather than stopping the play.

Anyway, you know your offensive line needs help when the Als are rushing only 3 and are able to sack your quarterback.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

Ya Esks looked terrible...........that's good for the Lions though.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Everybody knows the Argos offense is struggling because of its lack of pass protection. You think that the Stamps would just outscore them. Not the case. The Stamps offense was even worse as they only had 6 points until about a minute left in the game.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Should be a good game tonight.........Lions and Riders.

Lions have been given a couple of gifts this week with the West losing both games.
--

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Lions win 24-5............Lulay is looking better every game.
--

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Lions win 24-5

Bit of a slow start for the Lions offensively but once again NO TD
scored against the defence.

BRAGGING MODE=ON....BC Place has to be the nicest stadium in the
league. Even the broadcast crew begrudgingly admit it. MODE=OFF

FaxCap

btB

@rr.com
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Game was a good defensive battle for about a half. Lions were able to take advantage of some big plays to pull away at the end.

In this league this year, it is becoming apparent that many of the teams' offensive lines are having a tough time which translates to not as much production from the offenses.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Relatively exciting finish on Calvillo's birthday as the Als somehow won. Exciting in that there are not too many walkoff field goals

I say somehow won because there was one play where one could reasonably claim offensive pass interference, yet there was a facemask called on the defense instead. In another play, Cortez did not challenge a 40yrd reception that was clearly trapped. Furthermore Williams returned another missed kick for a touchdown, while the Al's special teams were basically subpar once again.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Very low-scoring & it seemed like there was a penalty on almost every play. At least that meant it was a close game. That makes it the second walkoff field goal win in a row. Before yesterday, I could not recall of any that happened recently.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

Well at least Winnipeg found a good QB. That's one consolation being 2-6.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Good game..........Lulay almost gave the game away with the late interceptions,but the D did their job.

27 seconds left and Lulay hits 2 long passes to setup the winning FG.

That's the main thing I love about him...........he never gives up.

Bombers had a ton of chances to put this one away.
--

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Looks like LaPolice is gone. He was supposed to be an offensive guy, yet the team always had trouble scoring with him as the offensive coordinator . It seemed like many of their points came after the game had already been decided. Rumblings behind the scene say he lost the respect of the players.

What happened to the Riders? After week 3, I was ready to declare them the best. Then they blew the big lead against the Stamps in week 4, and now they have lost 5 in a row. Their offense has been struggling as well. Lucky for Chamblin, he is a defensive guy so he can blame somebody else if needed.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

In the last game against the Lions ,he looked like a deer in the headlights ,when the camera panned on him.

He didn't look like he knew what to do in a couple of plays.
--

btB

@rr.com

Yeah, Chamblin is not camera-savy. You have to look like your are doing something for your team's fans. When the camera is on Reed for instance, he is always doing something animated. Hufnagel is just marking off a chart, but that sort of looks important.

Sometimes when the camera is on Chamblin, his headset is off, and he is not talking to anybody next to him either. He is just standing there by himself. This does not look good when your team is in a losing streak.

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Jyles get hurt early, so the Eskimos have to play Joseph for the rest of the game. You would expect the Argos with Ricky Ray to have a big advantage on offense. Nope, and Kackert's pass blocking was not much of an improvemnt over Boyd.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Should be a great game on today..........ALS vs LIONS.
--

btB

@rr.com

It was better game than I expected. Lions probably should have won because they seemingly got 8 or 9 yards on every 1st down. Plus like every other team, they have the advantage in the return game against the Als which was especially noticeable in the 2nd half. Als just won because the old guys at home know how to squeak out a victory.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

Great game by both teams. They both fought to the end like two championship teams. It should be a good game next week in BC. The Montreal Defense is getting better every game. What can you say about Cavillo?
--
Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to btB

I didn't see any posts after the "Great game".
Means Lions lost I guess. Same like no posts after Canuck Loss.

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by loosedobbs:

I didn't see any posts after the "Great game".
Means Lions lost I guess. Same like no posts after Canuck Loss.

No post from me because I didn't get to see the game. Only found
out the score late last night.

FaxCap

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

That was a great game and only decided by a late under thrown pass by Lulay to Bruce...........who had a spectacular game.

What a pickup he's been.
--

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Hopefully, today's games will be more exciting than that Bomber embarrassment yesterday. At least with LaPolice, the Bombers put up some points in garbage time. Yesterday, they could not even score a single against a team that had lost 5 in a row. Not that the Bomber defense or special teams was any better. Even though one might blame lay the blame on Burke, I suspect Bomber fans are now after Mack.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

52-0.................HOLY CRAP............fire the coach. lol
--

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Seeing how the Argo's offense appear stagnant for the most part and the fact that they were trailing at the end of three, one would not have thought they could pull it out in the 4th. Then the Ti-Cats give up a safety and things turned completely around. Ti-Cats lose again this week on a late field goal which makes that 4 losses in a row.

In game 2, the Eskimo's offense was stagnant as well. After the Burnett pick for a touchdown, I thought the Eskimos had a good chance of winning. But after Burnett decided to bring the kickoff out of the endzone instead of giving up a single, I expected the comeback to fall short. Okay, it was actually wide left.