Obihai OBi200

2 recommendations

jmorlan to chachazz

MVM

to chachazz

Re: [Free] Secunia PSI - Personal Software Inspector v3.0

Click for full size
Thanks.

I have mixed feelings about the new interface. Where are the statistics that compare your system with others? Is there an option to change the large icons to something more informative like a details listing?

Also is there a way to prevent scanning at launch?

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

rcdailey

Premium Member

I was unable to get past "LOADING" even though I installed, uninstalled, installed, uninstalled, and installed again. Running XP SP3 with 2GB RAM, disabling antivirus did not help. No errors shown in any of the logs in administrative tools. I give up. I'll just use the OSI since version 2 of Secunia PSI is not available now. I will not bother trying this on any other system for fear of a similar problem.

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Obihai OBi200

2 recommendations

jmorlan

MVM

said by rcdailey:

I was unable to get past "LOADING" even though I installed, uninstalled, installed, uninstalled, and installed again. Running XP SP3 with 2GB RAM, disabling antivirus did not help. No errors shown in any of the logs in administrative tools. I give up. I'll just use the OSI since version 2 of Secunia PSI is not available now. I will not bother trying this on any other system for fear of a similar problem.

I had a similar problem at first. The "loading" message is misleading. What it is actually doing the first time you run it is "scanning." This can take many, many minutes before it completes. Meanwhile the GUI does not display any information or activity making the user think the program stuck.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

1 recommendation

rcdailey

Premium Member

That could be the issue, and I have since gotten to the place where I have three Win 7 Pro 64-bit systems that I monitor. I put version 3 on a Toshiba i3 laptop with 4GB RAM. It took a little while to load but was fine and, as expected, all software was up to date. No problem there. I may try the XP system again, but I expect it will have to run overnight for the scan to complete based on what happened earlier. I still think there is a possibility of a hidden conflict. In any case, I will probably put the new version on the other two Win 7 systems, but uncheck load at boot and update automatically. I'll choose the update time and I don't want the software using up memory all the time, even a small amount.

Oh, the laptop had all 60 programs up to date, about half the number in the post above.

Darek
Premium Member
join:2000-12-04
Chicago, IL

Darek

Premium Member

Reading their forum, I'm going to stick with v. 2.0.

»secunia.com/community/forum/psi/

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz to jmorlan

Premium Member

to jmorlan
It is what it is..simplified, personal edition for the consumer market.

From the forum:
Version 1.5.0.2 (Supported - I think!) ht tp://secunia.co/PSI1Setup.exe
Version 2.0.0.4003 (Supported) ht tp://secunia.com/PSI2Setup.exe
Version 3.0.0.2003/2004 (Supported) ht tps://secunia.com/PSISetup.exe