Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rifleman
Premium
join:2004-02-09
p1a
reply to Jobbie

Re: Help picking a laptop - refurbished?

Was gonna point these out to you.
MSI GT70 0NC-051US I7-3610QM 12GB 128GB SSD 750GB 17.3in LED GTX670M 3GB Bluray HDMI W7HP64 Notebook It has a SSD and bluray included:
»www.ncix.com/products/?sku=70412···oid=1088

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Thanks for the link Rifleman.

It goes for almost $1800 with an GTX670 but it has blueray. The offer from Newegg comes with a free xbox bundled in.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
Another update:

They reduced the price on the laptop by $150 keeping up the $100 mail in rebate. so you can get this laptop now for $1400 after rebates and discounts.

It also comes with a free xbox if you can get a .edu email address.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

1 recommendation

Click for full size
For the original price I got the laptop plus some other parts I needed. The SSD was purchased separately on a different sale.

Thank you Antonica, Archivis and Blockfire for helping me out.
--

Rifleman
Premium
join:2004-02-09
p1a
Let me know what you think of the MSI?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

For the original price I got the laptop plus some other parts I needed. The SSD was purchased separately on a different sale.

Thank you Antonica, Archivis and Blockfire for helping me out.

What no mention of your moral support, and one of the guys trying to break you of bad habits (of KSing)??? Boo!
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

1 recommendation

LOL! Moral support is always appreciated.

@Rifle, I had some issues installing the SSD last night mostly because you don't get a windows installation disk or a recovery cd, all the recovery disks are partitioned into the HD, you can build recovery dvd's out of those partitions too.

I had to mount an image of windows on the hdd (daemon tools) with the ssd connected as "slave" and install windows on that drive then I deleted the partitions for data since it also separates OS and Data into different partions to get a big one.

Now I renamed the SSD partition the same as the old OS install partition and ran the recovery tool from the BIOS (F3) to install all the drivers and software directly from MSI hidden partitions.

So far has been working just fine, I need to get used to the new keyboard since it is full sized and the enter key is the small ones.

Other than the lack of ieasier nstallation tools the laptop has been working just fine. Tried it on GW2 and it runs OUTRAGEOUS.
--