how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA

4G Unusable Due to Google Server Connection Issue

Has anyone else been seeing the 4G being constantly losing data connectivity in the last 2 weeks?

There are multiple people I know around here (Iowa) with multiple different Android phones, Razr Maxx, Bionic, and D4 that are unable to keep a 4G connection.

I've called VZW and they say there is a known issue with connectivity to the Google Servers. Oddly enough, this really started after a update that they pushed 2 weeks ago.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this too.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
I am in the North East and occasionally see an error saying something to the effect of "unable to conect to .

This is a 3G connection on a Droid x2

Is that the error you are seeing?
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA
Not really. I'm completely solid on 3G. The issue is on 4G the 4G and bars will go white because they lose connection with the Google servers dropping the 4G data connection. Not sure why the phone has to be in constant contact with Google just to have a data connection but oh well.

It has made 4G completely unusable. I've actually had to set my Bionic to only see the CDMA 3G network and ignore the LTE network and shut off the LTE radio. Rather depressing when I'm in a 4G market with a 4G phone and I can't use 4G.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
I am seeing the signal bars go white on my 3G connection and then the Google login error.

Does not happen all the time and it can go days/weeks with no issue then happen for several days.

What I am seeing obviously is not as bad as what you are experiencing but it sounds similar when it does occur.

Tim
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.