spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

evilbender

@myvzw.com
reply to brandon

Re: Switching to mediacom today. What to expect?

Be prepared for disapointment. I live in Des Moines, IA and have Mediacom. We have been anxiously waitimg for Century Link to up the speed in our area. First I pay $60/mo for a 10mbs connection and routinely only clocks around 6mbs mediacom assures me ik not being throttled and the techs claim no issue at my home. We routinely spend around 1 week a month of combined time down. They price like they're the only game in town, steer clear is my recommendation.

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA

evilbender,
Might need to work with MediacomChad a bit if you are only getting 6 meg. Standard service is 12/1.

I get

from Des Moines at 9pm on a Friday night.

I'm hardly ever down. I think I've noticed maybe 1 outage in the last 1-2 months. I'm not going to say there weren't more, but that is all I've noticed.

evilbender

@myvzw.com

I would but our internet has been down ALL day due to rain.

Bierboy

join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to evilbender

said by evilbender :

Be prepared for disapointment. I live in Des Moines, IA and have Mediacom. We have been anxiously waitimg for Century Link to up the speed in our area. First I pay $60/mo for a 10mbs connection and routinely only clocks around 6mbs mediacom assures me ik not being throttled and the techs claim no issue at my home. We routinely spend around 1 week a month of combined time down. They price like they're the only game in town, steer clear is my recommendation.

Depends. I wouldn't say "Be prepared for disappointment" because, in our market, Mediacom has been rock solid for us. Very few outages, speeds as advertised, and with Mediacom Chad's help, any issues are resolved quickly. That's not to say you won't have problems where you are, and, certainly, there are Mediacom markets where there are issues that we don't have in the Quad Cities. My only gripe is that their pricing is too high for the services. But, if that's what we have to pay for solid, dependable service, then I'll pay for it...

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

evilbender, if for any reason you run into service issues, I would be more than happy to help as well.