spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Earnhardt

@comcast.net

Cisco VP/GM Response to this issue

Cisco addresses this issue in a blog: »blogs.cisco.com/home/answering-o···t-cloud/

The blog states, in part: "Cisco prides itself on offering the best customer experiences, and privacy and security are at the core of everything we do. That goes for Cisco Connect Cloud too. When a customer signs up for a Cisco Connect Cloud account, personal information is used only to establish an account in order to provide customer support. Consistent with Cisco's practices, Cisco Connect Cloud does not actively track, collect or store personal info or usage data for any other purposes, nor is it transmitted to third parties. We also wanted to clear up any confusion about Cisco's `opt in' practices. Cisco Connect Cloud was delivered only to consumers who opted in to automatic updates.

While we hope this reminder of our standard company practices will allay any concerns, customers who do not wish to establish a Cisco Connect Cloud account and would prefer to revert back to the traditional Linksys setup and management software can do so by calling the Linksys customer support line at 1-800-326-7114. One of our agents will walk you through the process."

epidemic

@shawcable.net
I called the number and it is bull***. They don't walk you through the process at all. They tell you about all the benefits of the new firmware. I am so, so angry. Never again will I buy a Cisco product. EVER, ever, ever.