spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

HD Net soon to become AXS.TV

In case you miss the changeover coming in a few days, but Mark Cuban sold a chunk to AEG and Ryan Seacrest. I can only imagine that the content will be a serious disappointment.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy

this was announced a few months back...definitely going to miss HDNET...looks like the new channel will be all concerts...we already have enough music/concert channels...the late night adult oriented programs such as Bikini Destination and the Art Mann shows need to find a new channel

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to Greg2600

to Greg2600
Yeah the worse part will be commericals probably. Probably not long soon that HDnet Movies will have them just like Fox Movies went(3pm-5am).

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to Greg2600

Premium Member

to Greg2600
This is news to me! Damn I was just starting to really get into HD Net.

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy to TitusTroy

to TitusTroy

said by TitusTroy See Profilethe late night adult oriented programs such as Bikini Destination and the Art Mann shows need to find a new channel

:

I havent seen bikini destinations air in awhile + art mann is staying + sounds like bikini barbers nj is staying too.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

I only found out because I was watching something on there, and a promo came on with Katie Darryl saying it was changing over in a few days.

wmcbrine
join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD

wmcbrine to Greg2600

to Greg2600
Kind of unfortunate if the new name is going to end in ".TV"...

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler to Greg2600

to Greg2600
Yeah, when I saw that changeover notice I kinda barfed. The good programming that was there is going to go down the crapper and it'll turn into another 24/7 infomercial channel...
Reyr
join:2009-01-03
Wilmington, DE

Reyr to Greg2600

to Greg2600
awe...I had just rediscovered Hustle on HDNet. oh well. Such a great show to lose.
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo to dcowboy

to dcowboy
said by dcowboy:

said by TitusTroy See Profilethe late night adult oriented programs such as Bikini Destination and the Art Mann shows need to find a new channel

:

I havent seen bikini destinations air in awhile + art mann is staying + sounds like bikini barbers nj is staying too.

Everything I have read is the uncensored versions of the shows will be gone. This is a merger with Ryan Seacrest so I expect a sanitized unwatchable channel that I will forget all about, kind of like when Comcast bought TechTV and turned it into G4.

TitusTroy
New York, NY

TitusTroy to dcowboy

to dcowboy
I thought that the Dan Rather news show and the MMA stuff would be the only holdovers?...hopefully a lot of the current programming will remain

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1 to bohratom

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

Yeah the worse part will be commericals probably. Probably not long soon that HDnet Movies will have them just like Fox Movies went(3pm-5am).

If I'm correct HDNet Movies is not a part of the deal and nothing is changing.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by icemannyr1:

said by bohratom:

If I'm correct HDNet Movies is not a part of the deal and nothing is changing.

I think you are correct. The HDNet movies web site has not changed but the HDNet site has not.

TitusTroy
New York, NY

TitusTroy to Greg2600

to Greg2600
the changeover to AXS is now live but the Guide info is all wrong...still shows all the HDNET programming on the Guide

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Alot of the programming is going to be the same

joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

4 edits

joe01880 to Greg2600

to Greg2600
The other .TV channels moved outside of my programing package sometime ago, no big loss for me since they ALL sucked. I have always really liked the concert footage on HDNET. More of it would be better IMO. If this change takes it outside of my programing as well that is gonna really suck.

EDIT: just after posting this I saw an ad for O.A.R live in concert on July 15 on AXS.TV. I'm not going to want to miss that.

and its before the 31th

icemannyr1

icemannyr1

When it was first announced that HDnet would become AXS.TV the first thing I thought of was the Byron Alllen .TV channels that run the same limited episodes of programming daily.

It should be noted AXS.TV is not a Byron Allen channel.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

The website is AXS.TV. The official name of the channel is AXS TV with no dot. Some channels put their web address on the screen. Don't confuse if with those .TV channels.
matcarl

matcarl to joe01880

Premium Member

to joe01880
said by joe01880:

I have always really liked the concert footage on HDNET. More of it would be better IMO. If this change takes it outside of my programing as well that is gonna really suck.

EDIT: just after posting this I saw an ad for O.A.R live in concert on July 15 on AXS.TV. I'm not going to want to miss that.

and its before the 31th

Joe, they are going to have more concerts now. That's part of the new programming.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by matcarl:

said by joe01880:

I have always really liked the concert footage on HDNET. More of it would be better IMO. If this change takes it outside of my programing as well that is gonna really suck.

and its before the 31th

Joe, they are going to have more concerts now. That's part of the new programming.

I watched some of a Rolling Stone concert and a Sting concert last night. But it was still called HDNet. I would certainly like to watch/listen to more.

wmcbrine
Laurel, MD

wmcbrine to joe01880

to joe01880
said by joe01880:

The other .TV channels

See, this is why it's an unfortunate name change... it's got nothing to do with those crap channels.

and its before the 31th

The changes on the 31st should only apply to HBO and Cinemax.
Expand your moderator at work

dcowboy
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy to matcarl

to matcarl

Re: HD Net soon to become AXS.TV

said by matcarl:

The website is AXS.TV. The official name of the channel is AXS TV with no dot.

The thread title is wrong then.

JayMan 007
join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA

JayMan 007 to wmcbrine

to wmcbrine
said by wmcbrine:

What changes to HBO & Cinemax?

icemannyr1

icemannyr1 to dcowboy

to dcowboy
The logo on screen is axs.tv so it seems the . is a part of the name.

dcowboy
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy

I thought thats just cause their website has the dot.

On their website the tv channel is mentioned multiple times without the dot + the logo in the prgoram guide doesnt have the dot either.

icemannyr1

1 edit

icemannyr1 to Greg2600

to Greg2600
The logo in the guide does have the dot, it's very small.
You are correct that on the axs.tv website they do refer to it in text as "AXS TV" but the logo is axs.tv

wmcbrine
Laurel, MD

wmcbrine to JayMan 007

to JayMan 007
said by JayMan 007:

What changes to HBO & Cinemax?

They're gonna get the CCI "copy once" flag.

joe01880
join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

joe01880 to wmcbrine

to wmcbrine
said by wmcbrine:

said by joe01880:

The other .TV channels

See, this is why it's an unfortunate name change... it's got nothing to do with those crap channels.

and its before the 31th

Thats a good thing on both accounts!

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA

1 recommendation

rtcy to djoropallo

Premium Member

to djoropallo
said by djoropallo:

said by dcowboy:

:

Everything I have read is the uncensored versions of the shows will be gone. This is a merger with Ryan Seacrest so I expect a sanitized unwatchable channel that I will forget all about, kind of like when Comcast bought TechTV and turned it into G4.

I was just going to mention TechTV into G4 . one of the worst wastes of money ever by a cash rich cable company. the ONLY one of a kind channel to do tech news , computer shows. and they kill it, so they can show game play on tv.

my sons and I watched that channel glued to it, even my non tech wife watched Leo and Katie who EXPLAINED things to her in a human term unlike my offspring and me